Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windows vista?

Default windows vista?

yes, i'm new here

anyways, looks like i'm getting a laptop for school, and i would like to put project 64, Zsnes and visualboyadvance on, the question is will it work?

Blog Entries

Default Re: windows vista?

Seems this is a very opinionated question. You're going to get people that love vista and say everything works like a charm and others that say it's hit and miss. I see vista as just another windows eXPeriment Windows 7 should be much better. I dont think its going to play well with zsnes, but I'm sure there are people that have made it work. There is only really one way to find out, and that is to try it.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

You should stick with Windows XP Professional until Windows 7 come out because some emulators do not work with Vista and Vista is going to died after Windows 7 come out next year. Dont buy it.
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

ok, thanks for the help, but its already put in and i'm getting vista regardless, so if Zsnes won't play well with it, is there another i can use?

Blog Entries

Dont quote me on it, just guessing. I tried to start a thread here to show known working emus with vista but it was shot down. supposedly no need for such a thing??? What ever.. Please report your findings..

Forums

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

I think most emu's can be made to work with Vista with varying degrees of effort. Its a bit of a marmite OS though, and in terms of emulation there's not much that has specific Vista support yet.

I got A friend and he plays all of his emulators on it they play 100% but Zsnes does not go fullscreen on his Vista computer.

MAME Plays 100%

Fceultra 98.15 Plays 100%

VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0-S.V.N Plays 100%

Yes but try EVERY EMULATORS which I doubt.. too many, isn't it ? LOL

Anyway, some emulators do not run on Vista at all but I dont know which one beacuse i was told some do not. that's why they said to stick with windows xp until windows 7 come out next year.
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

i sincerely hope that windows 7 is better and faster than vista. and is offered as a free update for vista for a period of time

Blog Entries

yugiohmaster, i think it will. Vista was only a beta anyways, just that m$ decided to release it for two reasons.

1) Admittedly, its damn stable..

2) to get the public ready for Windows 7 prematurely. ( or in lame terms: Force us to to use it)

Win-7 will be the true version and ready for use. but as always there will be some lag as software needs to ramp up, hence the early release of vista.

My thought.. (not official )

I think m$ uses a subliminal message in their names..

the original name for XP was eXPeriment not eXPeriences as some may think. And it was just that, an experiment that turned out quite well IMO.

Vista means view in Greek. And its just a view of what is to come.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; August 1st, 2008 at 13:19.

Forums

Thread Information