windows vista?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Vista user here and love it. I can play JNES, ZSNESW, and EPSXE full screen and no problems at all.
- was this a question or a statement?

rgurleyjr

Statement, not sure how that could be a question. I know Vista isn't the best but with the right tweaks, it'll fly. I haven't had any problems.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Statement, not sure how that could be a question. I know Vista isn't the best
but with the right tweaks, it'll fly. I haven't had any problems.
_ No, I totally agree, just that the response Jale made, made it seem like a question.

I know Vista isn't the best but with the right tweaks, it'll fly. I haven't had any problems.
Yeah, I had a friend remove all the bubbly stuff as he put it. Made it look and run much better. I think Windows 7 will be a nice os. It was a smart move to release Vista, the interim ,so that the new core more supported.. Or just reading the public for the change. I still can take advantage of my x10 cards until I switch to it. Glad to see emulation is making its way over to it.

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I see the announcement of windows 7 as a betrayal for al vista users. I have and bought vista, and it sucks. (actually it was in a package concluded for a laptop I got from a friend). But still, I see this as microsoft acutually saying that their isn't anything to save anymore about vista, wich could be true. However, I think vista users should be compensated and get windows 7.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well it would have helped if they didnt sell a best version? - I mean really.. Who does that?

For the critics.. Read up.

http://www.cio.com/article/336925/Ballmer_Vista_is_a_Work_in_Progress_

Hmm, the last OS I bought was dos 6.0, Unless your un-savvy enough to trouble shoot your own problem, I dont see why anyone would "buy" an os. Of course if you dont get my meaning dont ask, its sort of taboo to discuss such things on this board. Heck most OS are shipped free with computers these days.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I just don't think Vista was ready for a release, neither was it updated often enough to be a good OS. I think that people who have the knowledge to customize their system, it can be a very good operating system, however the standard delivery is just a plain downgrade compared to XP.

I don't really care it sucked in the beginning, because that's how development works. If they get thousands of the same complain, they just update the OS to get rid of the problems. However, they now make a new OS wich proberly means they'll just leave vista for what it is, wich isn't nearly what is should have been.

Zach

I disagree.

I have made no special modifications to Vista, I'm using x64 Ultimate. Pretty much using the base install, with the default Aero theme, and everything runs pretty nice. No major problems that I've had to deal with..

I've even fallen out of the habbit of routinely scrubbing the system with a format and re-install.

demonluo

:( mess0132b (double click mess.exe just clash instantly no matter what & messui.exe also clash when i try to load software) doesn't work for me at all & i'm using vista SP2 w roms(bio) & software all in the right folder/path dir & read the guide >100x & clash >50x until i finally give up...

btw, jnes is out-dated, now is v1.01 not v0.6...

Last edited: