PSP questions I have

Ana

I'M not going to buy games for it all I want to do is put emulators on it.

Like MAME so what I need to know is whats the frame rate for games from the 80's and 90's can it play Street fighter 2 at 60 FPS.

Also I want Nintendo, Sega Emulators on it

is it worth getting one just to use it for Emulators?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
First IMO, the XBOX I is the best console for emulation. and a GP2X for handhelds.

Second, having trouble understanding what you're asking here?

so what I need to know is whats the frame rate for games from the 80's and 90's

NTSC are 30FPS some say 24.0 FPS

PAL 25 FPS

So what are you meaning?

TECH:
NTSC is based on a 525-line or pixel row, 60 fields/30 frames-per-second, at 60Hz system for transmission and display of video images. This is an interlaced system in which each frame is displayed in two fields of 262 lines or pixel rows, which is then combined to display a frame of video with 525 lines or pixel rows. NTSC is the official analog video standard in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, some parts of Central and South America, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea.

PAL is the dominant format in the World for analog television broadcasting and video display and is based on a 625 line or pixel row, 50 field/25 frames a second, 50HZ system. The signal is interlaced, like NTSC into two fields, composed of 312 lines or pixel rows each. Since there are fewer frames (25) displayed per second, sometimes you can notice a slight flicker in the image, much like the flicker seen on projected film. However, PAL offers a higher resolution image and better color stability than NTSC. Countries on the PAL system include the U.K., Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, China, India, most of Africa, and the Middle East.

Last edited:

Ana

Sorry about that English is really hard all I want to know is is it worth getting one to play Emulators on or are they to slow to run on the PSP.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
A PSP is an excellent choice if you want to play homebrew and emulators. GB/GBC/GBA, SNES, NES, GameGear, Genesis/Megadrive and not forgetting PSX all play at playable speed.

Ana

I was reading that you got to do a firmware downgrade to 1.50 is this true and could I damage my PSP somehow if I did do A firmware downgrade.

Ana

Thanks everyone I have every Emulator I need on my PSP to bad Nester J1.12 is so old anyone know A better NES emulator out ?

Last edited: