FF8 Help Please

sesamejd

I am playing an ISO of final fantasy XIII, and freezes during the FMV of squall and riona dancing after the SeeD test. Im very new to these things, so bear with me.

Im using epsxe 1.7 and use petes 2.9 GPU.

Is this problem due to the ISO i use or the emulator? if i used a different Emulator, will this problem still be present?

TY!

r3b3l_XiM

yes different emulators work with different games, some are more compatable than others and so on...
i personally have 7 different emulators all configured and ready to go, so theres no game i've come across that I can't play :p
If you wish to continue using ePSXe, try using different plugins that you can get from here;

Code:
http://www.ngemu.com/plugins.php?cat=1&os=win32&type=gpu

if still no luck, try a different emulator altogether, but I'm pretty sure that with a different graphics plugin it'll work :)

hope i was helpful

sesamejd

Alright Ive tried changing the GPU with no success. I can run the game fine, it just freezes at a certain point. Is there any way to use a different emulator while keeping my save data? I dont want to lose 4 hours of gameplay.

r3b3l_XiM

yes, if you're using virtual memory cards you can just load them up in the new emulator in the options/prefferences/settings (.mcd etc). or if you are using save states (.gme) then you may have to double check that the emulator is compatible and can load up those states...

Also, there are memory card converters available that can convert between .gme & .mcd etc, just google around and you'll find one ;)

sesamejd

I've tried 3 different emulators and all give the same result. should I keep trying emulators, change the GPU, or just get a new ISO altogether?

Remy

I think that I know your problem
but it happened with me only with FFIX
lucky for you I've played FFVIII & finished it
use epsxe 1.5.2 for both of them & it's alright
If u want me to send u the files pm me

Jaana

sesamejd

Thanks for your input. I've tried 1.5.2, and it didn't work. I'l keep trying other GPUs and Emulators, but is is possible that the ISO is just messed up?