Game Problem: Can i play strictly with my keyboard?

SLoth

i'm really new to psx emulators and i wanted to play an old favorite of mine, so i got the psx emulator PSXeven and i tried setting the controller config stuff but it wouldnt work when i tried the game. as if your playing on a normal ps1 with un-plugged controllers...also the game im trying to play is final fantasy tactics. so i was wondering if i can't use my keyboard alone or something. :(

r3b3l_XiM

nah man you are able to use just your keyboard by itself, and infact the emulator you are using isn't currently compatable with controllers, only the keyboard (the reason i don't use it :p)
all you have to do is configure the keyboard and make sure you press 'OK' (if you've configured it then theres no reason why it shouldnt work). But if you are just starting out, the emulator i recomend you use is pSX v1.12 or pSX v1.13. They are downloadable from the sites main page, and all you need to do is get hold of the bios file (which can't be posted on the forum for legal reasons :p) pSX is really easy to configure and you'll be playing ff tactics before you know it :) )

hope i helped :)