BSOD in epsxe 1.5.2

TheSouthAzn

Hi,

I have been getting random blue screens of death while playing any game on epsxe 1.5.2 on my new laptop. The error that always comes up on the blue screen is "STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I used to have no problems running epsxe games on my old desktop computer with the same settings posted below. Recently, I bought a new Compaq C762NR Laptop with integrated Intel GMA X3100 and Vista installed, and I formatted the HDD and installed XP SP2.

Unfortunately, my laptop's drivers aren't on Compaq's site so I installed the drivers that someone compiled here: http://www.xaqdesign.com/c762nr.html

Note that this blue screen does not happen at any other time than when I'm playing a game on epsxe. I can even play a game nonstop on Project 64 without any blue screen, although 5% of the time on Project 64, the game closes unexpectedly and I return to the desktop.

The configuration I most frequently use is below, but I have tried different video plugins like OpenGL, and have tried using a different emulator like Psxeven, but the BSOD's don't go away:

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 2
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: on [00000800]

Help, please.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah 0x0000000D's are normally hardware issues. 1.7.0 would be a good starting place if you have not tried it already... Otherwise you could try turning off all settings and go to a basic wire frame render. Then turn them back on one at a time.