Tomba! problem.

Holland Guy

Wacked Out Humanoid Being
hey guys, it's me. sorry that's its taken a while since my introduction thread, my life's very unpredictable...
anyway, i got a problem with Tomba! for ePSXe. it worked for a while, just perfectly, but when i got up to the 100 Year-Old Man's house, i go inside, it fades out, as normal, and doesn't fade back in again! serious! i've figured that if i enable the sound, it works, but my computer's slow and enabling the sound slows the game down HUGELY.
so if i want to play, i keep on saving, exiting, opening, enabling/disabling, loading, playing, and then when i come to another entrance, even if its the dwarf village and the "Loading Pigs" come, it freezes, and then i have to do the same and blah blah blah.
any suggestions?:confused:

Holland Guy

why's nobody answering me?
my config is:
BIOS=scph1001 - USA
Video Plugin=Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
Sound Plugin=ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
CD-Rom Plugin=ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0 (i'm using Windows XP)

there. help at all?:unsure:

Zarnik

I have no idea what could be wrong, it has to be the rom or your game...get another copy of the game.

Holland Guy

RockmanForte, i'm using ePSXe 1.7.0, but i'll try downloading Tombi!, Zarnik.
btw, why does it take so long for u guys to answer?

spotanjo3

RockmanForte, i'm using ePSXe 1.7.0, but i'll try downloading Tombi!, Zarnik.
btw, why does it take so long for u guys to answer?

We have our lives. We are not staying at home staring at the computer and answer everything. We have our lives too. Please use your conception, ok ? We are human and we have lives to do. :)

Holland Guy

ok ok, i get the point, don't take it so personally. it's just a question and an answer is what it needs. sorry if i offended you, btw. don't wanna become enemies or somefing. i'll use my conception next time, whatever that is.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

No, I dont want to become your enemy. We are simple letting you know. Maybe you should use your conception knowing why it took so long then you will say oh yeah people have a lives. :D

Holland Guy

kewl, kewl. lets just forget about this stuff. i'm 13, enough stuff happening, and there's a fly stuck in our fireplace right now. i'll try to fix tomba.

Holland Guy

computer specs... here we go:
384MB
634 MHz
Intel Celeron Processor
um, how do i find out what my graphics card is?
and how do i look at what other specs it's got? i can only see those three in the General tab of System Properties.
i hope you can help:bow:

by the way, i figured that this happens with every game, and when i DO play with sound, it repeats every split second.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I am not sure I understand your computer specs.. How old is your computer ?

I will try to help you. ;)

Go to Control Panel and click SYSTEM then click HARDWARE and click Device Manager. Now, you can click Display Adapter to see what your graphics card is. :)

Holland Guy

sorry, forgot to put the "RAM" after MB... gonna edit.
forgot SDRAM after MHz... gonna edit.

thanks, i'll check the graphics card...NVIDIA RIVA TNT (Microsoft Corporation)
is that even a graphics card? it's the only display adapter, so...
how old is my computer? phew, i dunno... my dad bought all the stuff and put it together himself, so i'm not sure... at least 6 years old, maybe 8, no idea...

i think we're planning to get a new one soon, but dunno how much RAM and stuff its gonna have... hopefully 'round 1 GB though.

[EDIT] what? how come i can't edit my old post?!?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Yes, that is graphic card. :)

I had old computer around 7 years old and can run in psx emulator just fine.

Edit: Why you didnt edit your post post ? Because it was about one week so it is no longer editable which I dont know why. Many forums are able to editable no expiration at all.

Holland Guy

well, i asked my dad how old the computer was, and him being himself, he said it was "really old", no matter how many times i asked. doesn't matter.we're gonna get a new IBM one, i think he's gonna buy it online today, and it's got 512 RAM, and other stuff, though i don't think it's got a graphics card with it, so we might have to use this one.