SAme old Joypad Problem

eszus

Can Someone help?

Downloade the classic MAME32 and got it working and everything but when i use my Joypad i find that that i wont work on the games that i load but it will work on the MAME options
and i can't seem to change the controllers buttons setting on the interface yet i can move the options with it
can any one show me what i'm doing wrong?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Once your game has loaded hit the TAB key, use the cursor keys to move open the general control settings and you can redefine the pad controls from there.

eszus

that the problem i cannot change the keys when i hit a button to change them nothing registers

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
How are you doing it?. You have to press return (enter) first to define each control.

If you are doing it that way and mame isn't responding it could be a driver issue, what type of pad is it?.

eszus

i press enter but when i press a button nothing registers which i weird cause i can move the options with my pad
my pad is a GAME gamware 11 button USB Digital control pad

eszus

no, well it did it automatically
so there was no manual driver for me to instal
my pads work on other Emulators that i have downloaded

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Should work fine then.

It could just be mame getting its knickers twisted. Open the mame/cfg folder and delete the 'default.cfg' file (no need to worry mame will autogenerate a new one) and try setting the controls up again using the TAB menu.

triplem

Maybe you haven't selected mame to know there is a controller yet.

In mame, Go to options>default game properties

Go to the tab "controllers" make sure enable joystick is selected.