Please help me run this epsxe emulator

Jeff-496

I'm trying to use the epsxe emulator to play some games and I followed this guys youtube guide step by step and downloaded all the bios and plugins. http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/v...all-a-playstation-emulator-on-your-pc-194719/
but when I try to start the emulator it just keeps saying This application has failed to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. So how do I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
Dude have you tried looking at the sticky topic on setting up epsxe?

Well either way ill save you the trouble. I had the exact same problem.
All you have to do is google the file in question and download it. Once downloaded simply extract it to your main epsxe directory. The path should look something like this:

C:\Program Files\epsxe

If that doesn't work im stumped:confused:

Good luck!

~Black Magic

Jeff-496

Thanks man it worked, the sticky didn't help me because it's not specific enough for me and now I just have to figure out where to save the roms and how to save games, How do I do so?

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
The post i was talkin about was on the last page but no biggie. As for your second question, roms can be saved any where but it's advised that u make a folder in your epsxe directory to save them to. Most games will allow you to save your game data in game you can however use save states to acheive the same thing. I'm not experienced in them so somone correct me if im wrong but save states allow you to save your exact spot in a game. I think if you press f1 in game you can make a save state. Alternatively you can press the escape button to bring up the epsxe main menu. Then you can go to Run>Save state.

Hope it helps and Good Luck!

~Black Magic

Jeff-496

Thanks, do you know of any good sites for ps1 roms? I'm looking for J-rpgs but I cant really find any good sites so far.

Zarnik

Rom hustler dude, I hate that they have divided the games...you can't just leave it. But there are lots of games. You must have Win Rar to extract them. It's free...have fun:happy:

spotanjo3

Win Rar is not free. It is free trial until expire time then it will bother you to buy it for a full version but you can continue use it as free and it will not go away.. It will bother you.

7-zip is freeware and accept winrar and winzip too and it's great program and best of all.. IT'S FREE! It will never bother you to buy one when it is expire because it is NOT EXPIRE at all. It's free, real Free!