Final Fantasy Tactics Questions

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
Hi all.

I recently downloaded FFT(liek 5 mins ago) to compare it to its new counter part on the psp.
I have played the original on PSX and i've noticed some differances.

1.Sound: The sound quality has dropped a bit. Maybe its just me but when i go to attack an enemy on the iso version the sword slash sounds more like the sound when you miss your enemy. Also some of the skills sounds are either very distorted or non-existant.

2.Graphics: I think this might just be becuz I'm used to the psp version now but the graphics seem quite pixelated. Also skill animations have a nasty habit of first lagging and then speeding up rediculously fast and then laggin agin. When it lags the sound fxs also tend to skip and play catch up when the animation speeds up.

Now my question is this: Are these problems do to my settings, my plugins, my iso or a combination of them all?

Thanks in advance

~Black Magic

galace

I enjoy the classics
For sound its most likely your plugin or settings, I have and ISO of FFT and I find the sound is the best when I use Eternal SPU for most of my games. I don't have much problems with distortion or problems when I use it.

Now for graphics, I do have to admit the games graphics are timelessly pixelated, (they were good at the time). Personally it doesn't bother me at all since I play oldschool games, you get used to it...well most people do. Now for your graphics problem with the lagging of skills, its most likely your plugin and your plugin settings. If all possible click the "Nice" setting and play around with your settings. If it helps I use P.E.O.ps 1.17 Soft Driver.

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
I see. I was right in thinking that the psp version has spoiled my graphical memory of the game lol.;) i will definately try the plugin for the video.

Now i'm currently using SPU core 1.7.0 so unless im a complete noob thats the one your using. Any Suggestions?

Thanks for the help so far i really appreciate it.

Also i forgot to mention before but the world map is black. I can see the dots on it and the main charachter but the rest is black unless im moving. Any way to fix that?
~Black Magic

Last edited: