Super Metroid (SNES) Need help

JoshM22

I am sure people don't play this game all that much anymore. I really think it is an underrated classic. Anyways i have got most of the weapons lazer charger,rockets, bombs and ball bomb, ball mode. I am stuck don't know where to go next. I have come to some doors that are orange. What kind of weapon do i need to get to go through these types doors?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I am sure people don't play this game all that much anymore. I really think it is an underrated classic. Anyways i have got most of the weapons lazer charger,rockets, bombs and ball bomb, ball mode. I am stuck don't know where to go next. I have come to some doors that are orange. What kind of weapon do i need to get to go through these types doors?
- I dont agree with that, I think SM gets a lot of play? any ways Thats the nature of the game, its non linear. You have to explore and figure.. You could always cheat and get a FAQ, but its more fun not to.

Blue Doors
These doors are the most common to be found on Zebes. Just shoot them with your normal gun to open them.

Purple Doors These doors can be opened by shooting them with five missiles or one super missile.

Green Doors The green doors can only be opened by shooting them with one super missile.

( my guess is you mean power bomb doors, yellow )
Yellow Doors These doors must be opened by detonating a power bomb.

Metal Doors These doors only open after a special task has been performed or until certain enemies are destroyed.

Guard Doors These doors appear just outside the room of a large boss. They open their eyes when you get too close and fire at you. To destroy them, just shoot the eye with missiles or super missiles when it opens.

Blue Panels These can be opened by shooting the blue button with your normal gun.

Green Panels These can be opened by shooting the green button with a super missile.

Last edited:

JoshM22

I guess you are right about the game getting lots of play. I only said what i said due to the fact that none of my friends play the game anymore. It is not a small world after all. I will have to cheat on this one. Most games i don't, but this one i have explored the whole area that is accessable and nothing has really helped. A walkthrough has been helpful so far. Thanks.

JoshM22

That didn't work. I guess i haven't got the mega bomb quite yet. I will figure it out. Thanks

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Power bombs are for yellow dors yes.. and you have to find one first before you have any to use. When you get "power bombx" go in to the ball and hit select, then bomb... But a tip about metroid... If you cant get somewhere, stop trying, you will be back. The game is meant to take a wile. Though the faster you play it the better the ending. Personally the different endings are not worth rushing thought the game. Enjoy it. its not the greats SNES game of all time for nothing ;)

Last edited:

JoshM22

I will be taking my time on this one. Now i was not aware the game actually had different endings. How do i see these diff endings?