Game Problem: Star Ocean: Second Story black screen

matsie

Hey. I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution to my issue.

I'm using ePSXe v 1.7 to run Star Ocean: Second Story. I have the disc and was originally just playing from the disc. Unfortunately, every time I got to the part about 20 mins into the game where the mayor of Arlia is going to explain the disasters that are happening, my screen just goes black. I'm assuming there's a cut scene that's supposed to happen there? I'm not sure.

Nonetheless, I cannot figure out what to change in my settings to solve this problem. I'm using Pete's OpenGL Driver v 1.77.

gstorey

Hey. I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution to my issue.

I'm using ePSXe v 1.7 to run Star Ocean: Second Story. I have the disc and was originally just playing from the disc. Unfortunately, every time I got to the part about 20 mins into the game where the mayor of Arlia is going to explain the disasters that are happening, my screen just goes black. I'm assuming there's a cut scene that's supposed to happen there? I'm not sure.

Nonetheless, I cannot figure out what to change in my settings to solve this problem. I'm using Pete's OpenGL Driver v 1.77.

DISCS are very unrealiable for a EMU.. i suggest making it into an ISO which can be done by googling a ISO making product.. you will notice a huge increase in game speed and this may fix your problem :)