Joypad problems

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I don't see "mame.ini" I gotta do somethin' 'cause this is taking me nowhere fast.
- So ?? the instructions say nothing about making changes to it.. They are only telling you that the files is used by mame and about it. Granted its very strange you dont have it but again tell me what point in that walk thru you get stuck.

Your troubles may be vista.. Zach?, can you comment on this I know your all about vista power :) does mame work well on vista?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I don't know what to do.
- Dude you ever see Jerry Maguire? - "help me , help you"...

Now again.. If it is not too much trouble... Tell me where you get stuck,Following the guild I linked to you.. Then I can help.

Maybe I should install another MAME program and delete the one I have. Will it erase the games I currently have if I do this?
All mames are for the most part the same.. You will lose your games if you delete the folder they are in. Installing a new mame wont hurt them.

Last edited:

twin78

O.K. I went on the weblink that u referred me to. It said to plug in the controller, which I did. I clicked on my MAME file to start it up. Then the websited said: "Go to "Options" -> "Default Game Options" and click on the "Controllers" tab. Check the box that says "Enable Joystick Input". I don't see none of that when I pulled it on my computer. THIS IS WHERE I GET STUCK! There is no options choices when I right clicked on the MAME. The website u referred me to was designed for PCs that have Windows XP or older. Nothing for Windows Vista Home Premium.

The following documents are in my MAME folder:

Artwork
Cfg
Ctrlr
Docs
Nvram
Roms
Samples
Snap
*all these are folder documents*
chdman
jedutil
ledutil
mame
romcmp
*all of these are APPLICATIONS documents*

Now which 1 of these documents do I go to make the transitions to my controller?

B.T.W. Jerry McGuire was a good movie. ;)

Last edited:

twin78

O.K. I know what I did wrong! I accidently deleted the default application file! However, I was able to bring it back up--as a notepad instead of a application file. Do I make another default app or do I have to delete the one I have, make another default app, or download another MAME? Thanks 4 being patient w/me! REPLY ASAP! DEUCES!

2N

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont know what you mean by app. but If you deleted stuff, then re download and install over what you have.

an application is an executable file, not a data file.

example of an app. notepad.exe
example of a data file. mame.ini

Last edited:

twin78

Nevermind. I'll just delete my MAME and download another 1 and start all over. I quit.

Last edited: