nulldc will not work on my tv

jox43w

iv sucsesfully contected my pc to my tv via rgb and a scart lead using a program called soft15hz, MAME now looks absolutly stunning! same gose for the snes mega drive etc evern espsex looks brilliant! im having 1 problem tho null dc works fine on my pc monitor but when i switch to my tv it simply will not load i can click run iso then nothing happons iv tryed starting a game on my pc monitor and switching to my tv after and the game window just gose white? iv set the res to 600x480 or something like that and i have espxe run at this res and its fine on the telly any ideas?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I had this with vba once. For me it was the draw method. Direct Draw had to be used. Check also your refresh rate, you need 60. When an emu lunches in full screen it may change that. worst case see if you can run in window mode and just maximize the window.

jox43w

i think you may be rite because mame dose the same thing when i select direct3d, i cannot find how to run null dc in directdraw tho? isit possible iv got a feeling its direect 3d only :mad:

jox43w

no im using an old crappy matrox g200 think its 16 or 32mb :D but hey it plays all emus perfect at full speed :D

although this nulldc and my tv is pishing me off! it only works with the chankast plugin and that is absolute pants it doset play any games properly

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
but hey it plays all emus perfect at full speed
- consider your self lucky then.

I think you just reached a road block. I dont believe that card is an accelerator card. If anything it may have open GL, but limited at best. Does nulldc emulator even run at a good speed with that card?

jox43w

well my plan was to get the arcadevga but i found the program soft5hz that enables 15hz mode on your graphics card built my self a scart to vga cable and woah mame was amazing.

i now plan to upgrade my gpu but the new card must work with soft15hz.

i dont suppose you know why d3d wont run on my tv do you? i cant work out why it wouldent

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i dont suppose you know why d3d wont run on my tv do you? i cant work out why it wouldent
- Hmm lets see...

nullDC ( emulated game console ) -> Dirrect X -> video card-> soft5hz -> (built scart cable )-> tv. Quite frankly I'm shock most emulators do work...

Bottom line is nullDC is not giving you the options to satisfy your hack job. Your only bet is to find an open GL wrapper or something like that for nullDC.

Last edited:

jox43w

hmmm its just strange that everything else works perfect windows displays perfect with no flickering at 800x600.