Just got Project64...has some glitches

wildcat84

What I mean by glitches is,well I have Banjo Kazooie and it pauses like every 15 seconds or so...also have Yoshis Story and oddly enough(being a 2D game) it has an even worse glitch,when I jump part of the screen gets all blurry..not my computer screen,just the screen within the game,the Project64 window.

Is it that my PC is not powerful enough,my ePSXe runs fine...should I get '1964' instead? I read in the sticky above its faster in CPU power.

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
I have the same problem dude, it might actually be occurring because of the periodic checks the game does to make sure it's running on its specific hardware. Are you running on integrated graphics chip set (Intel GMA, Integrated GeForce) or do you have a dedicated graphics processing unit ? Specific integrated graphics chip sets aren't supported by the emulator.As for Yoshi Story I have the same problem well, but this time I have no explanation other than Project 64 (As wonderful as it may be) isn't perfect. I recommend you try out different graphics plug-ins or maybe a different emulator. Then you should post your discovery back here so that the community will know:)

Last edited:

wildcat84

I have the same problem dude, it might actually be occurring because of the periodic checks the game does to make sure it's running on its specific hardware. Are you running on integrated graphics chip set (Intel GMA, Integrated GeForce) or do you have a dedicated graphics processing unit ? Specific integrated graphics chip sets aren't supported by the emulator.As for Yoshi Story I have the same problem well, but this time I have no explanation other than Project 64 (As wonderful as it may be) isn't perfect. I recommend you try out different graphics plug-ins or maybe a different emulator. Then you should post your discovery back here so that the community will know:)

I know Im gona sound like a complete noob :eek: ,but I dont know what kinda graphics card I have.I have a Gateway laptop with a AMD Turion64,I bought it in 2006.Where would find what my graphics unit is? Iv looked under System info and my computer.

My compter is As-Is...Iv never bought any specail upgrades for it...so Im little surprised Iv been able to do everything Iv done with it thus far.Only special add-on I have is a USB converter that lets me use my PS2 controler for my emulation.

wildcat84

OK I got "1964" and it runs alot better and no more pausing or screen blurring...but...new problem...

The graphics dont load right...Banjo is ALL messed up and the background in Yoshi is cut in random areas.

What do I do?

spotanjo3

Project 64 is much better for zelda games if you know which plugin is correct and i had been played it a long time ago... Nothing's new about it. Project 64 is so much better than 1964 and played Banjo just fine as well.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ya, no pausing here with pj64 also.

Does the game use its "pause" state, or to you mean like freezing.

Maybe list the plugins you chose.

also try to disable the self rendered texture, if your using a plugin that has that (jabos I think )

Last edited:

wildcat84

Ya, no pausing here with pj64 also.

Does the game use its "pause" state, or to you mean like freezing.

Maybe list the plugins you chose.

also try to disable the self rendered texture, if your using a plugin that has that (jabos I think )

Ya I mean freezing for like a split second every so often,on PJ64 that is.

With "1964" the plugin in use says OpenGL.I friend told me it was a bit harder to emulate N64 since its 64bit instead of the 32 for Playstation.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
With "1964" the plugin in use says OpenGL.I friend told me it was a bit harder to emulate N64 since its 64bit instead of the 32 for Playstation.

Was my friend was... n64 emulation is not all that more tricky.. And its not the 64 vs 32, its the 3d vs 2d. Open GL ? have you tried dirrectx?