download accelerator

disdudeovaherre

um...i have the download accelerator as my download manager...n i want 2 remove it so it kan b bak 2 normal....im pretty lost aswell...maybe sum1 will understand my broken english :huh:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There is a problem in some versions of DAP where users are unable to uninstall the program.

My solution was to install the latest version on top of the older one. That fixed the problem with the missing files and allowed me to uninstall it.

Try it.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Everytime i have this kind of a problem, i delete the the program and its entries. What you should do is, get Ace Utilities and use its program uninstaller and delete the program entry and related registries.

Corey4666

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Sep 6 2004, 04:37 AM
Everytime i have this kind of a problem, i delete the the program and its entries. What you should do is, get Ace Utilities and use its program uninstaller and delete the program entry and related registries.
i did a simaller removel of dap

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

hey, hey....

:) i think that youll have to use the system restore if you dont have any more solutions, the computer will restore it the last time it checked your system. thats only if you hav windows xp/3000/2000 i think, you should try it, and make sure that it did not go beyond 3 months since you installation with DAP :) (i dont use any download accelerator becuz i use flashget,, hehe :) its quite fast if you download, you should try it! :)

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
disdudeovaherre said:
kan sum1 tell me how 2 remove my download Accelerator

omg not intil u lern 2 typez, lolz k bye thxz.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL said:
i think that youll have to use the system restore if you dont have any more solutions, the computer will restore it the last time it checked your system. thats only if you hav windows xp/3000/2000 i think

Windows 3000 eh? ur pretty smart wit technology huh?

You should probably stop touting the system restore option in XP. It's an awful feature that enables viri to stay on your computer. Anyone who knows anything about security in XP would tell you to disable system restore completely.

iLLisioN

To uninstall this try dr.delete(that is if there is no way to uninstall from the program itself). This allows any file(s) to be deleted after reboot.Check your registry or get a registry cleaner utility that will alow you to get rid of unwated programs. Also, verify your msconfig and see if the program starts at start-up, remove any programs that are in relation to the software you want gone. Good luck! :)

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL said:
wat does that mean? i dont understand.... i used system restore for 1.5 years now and it dint even got fucked up... :confused:

Well if it never fucked your computer over then that probably means it can't...

How would you know anyhow? Spyware can hide in the system restore as well, it's a bad feature.

Basically if you ever contracted a virus designed to hide in system restore and you went to use trusty old system restore you'd be fucked, hard, in the bum.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

ahhh,, well, now i know... ill have to use some spywares! :) with that theres no way of letting that thing go insude my system... thanks alot for the info... its a great help to me :)

onewecallgod

ScotchGuy said:
Basically if you ever contracted a virus designed to hide in system restore and you went to use trusty old system restore you'd be fucked, hard, in the bum.
thats true, but thats also assuming the virii hides in the system restore, which as far as i know most virii arent designed to do that. system restore is a good feature, although it gives those who dont understand how it works too much of a false sense of security

Splize

Its not a bad feature, but its not the greatest either. I mean if I were to contract a virus I would use other means of removing it, though when minor problem occure it can come in handy. I mean a few days ago I accidently installed a file that added whole bunch of spyware on my pc. I tried getting rid of it with ad-aware, spybot and removing files manually, but this stuff wouldnt go away it was unbelievable. So insead of getting faustrated, I just used system restor for my like second time and it turned out alright.

SladeXR

Sys restore IMAO is total crap. Several times I tried restore to fix fucked up situations and it didn't fix anything. Now it's disabled.
In case of destructive virus attack and/or windows breakdown I have an image of my entire C: partition which contains windows and all programs most important for me (image is created right after fresh install of windows and progs).

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

Splize said:
Its not a bad feature, but its not the greatest either. I mean if I were to contract a virus I would use other means of removing it, though when minor problem occure it can come in handy. I mean a few days ago I accidently installed a file that added whole bunch of spyware on my pc. I tried getting rid of it with ad-aware, spybot and removing files manually, but this stuff wouldnt go away it was unbelievable. So insead of getting faustrated, I just used system restor for my like second time and it turned out alright.

yeah, that happened to me also... instead it was a spyware that places multiple windows in my internet explorer! :mad: so i used system restore to remove it because it was my last resort... :) that's why im telling every one to take advantage of it because i was once a victime of a vicious malware :happy: jejejeje :)