Convert Laptop LCD to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have a laptop that has no video input, and I want to play my 360 on it cause I travel a bit. I was wondering I anyone knows how I could open up my laptop and maybe install some kind of input directly to the LCD, that allows me to plug my 360 directly to the screen. I dont want like a usb tuner because of the lag time. This is the laptop I have.

BTW. soldering is no big deal

onewecallgod

Exactly, with the amount of effort required, you're not going to be able to pull it off. If you really, really want to do it, you'd have to somehow isolate where on the motherboard where the video enters the LCD controller. From there, you'd have to hope it was a digital signal and not analog, and splice in an HDMI port to it.

Zach

Last time I opened a laptop, the cable connecting the screen to the rest of the unit, was one of those flat ass copper colored cables like you'd see if you took a PS2 or other similar piece of equipment apart and looked at the cable connecting the laser.

You would need a USB based TV tuner that had RCA Composite inputs, and the picture quality would not be that good

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Holy shit, I think Ill just buy a tv. LoL

But thanks the help

Yasmin

Like yugiohmaster mentioned it would cost way to much. You would need to get a xbox to vga, and vga to LCD. They both exist and can be done. But I dont see you keeping you LCD intact with a vga dongle on it..

in case you want to try it here ya go...
http://www.etech.com/laptops-laptop-batteries--c1146_1162
http://www.etech.com/laptops-laptop-ac-adapters--c1146_1161
Might be worth a shot. Also, just as a side note/something to fall back on - is it still under warranty?

Zach

This thread is from 2008

Do not grave dig threads. Ever. Again.

Next time it will be an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.