Gen Plus Problems

mattbuck

Hi, i am having some problems using Gen Plus. Games are running so fast, its like every game is on turbo mode. What is the problem?

I can use Gens fine, but i much prefer using Gen Plus because of the extra options to resolution etc.

Please help.

Zach

Check your frameskip options and look for any kind of throttle/cpu speed settings.. If your frameskip isn't set to 0 you can try that

mattbuck

Check your frameskip options and look for any kind of throttle/cpu speed settings.. If your frameskip isn't set to 0 you can try that

Hi, thank for the reply.

I checked frame skip and it was set at Auto, i tried 0, made no difference. I see no option to throttle my cpu or graphics card from the choices available. Are you sure there is that option in Gen Plus?

My specs are
Conroe E6750 @ 3.4ghz
2 x 2900xt crossfired.

Zach

Honestly I have never used Gens Plus. When I feel like playing SEGA I usually use Kega Fusion. If you haven't tried it, you could give it a shot.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
As far as I know there is no cpu throttle for gens plus. Most use good old kega-Fusion. If you must use gens plus you will need a 3rd part app like
speed adjuster

mattbuck

Ok guys thanks for the heads up. I tried Snes9x and managed to get that to run, just it wouldn't work the diagonals on my logitech rumblepad, even with me editing the config.

Tried that Fusion, kept asking me for a bios, could not get any further?

Zach

Assuming you are trying to Play Sega CD games.. You need to get a SegaCD BIOS file and put it in the proper directory, then go into the options and point your path to it..

Otherwise it shouldn't be asking for a BIOS