Game Problem: Problem With Guardian Heroes Music

Gunstar X

I just burned Guardian Heroes and was playing it on my Saturn, but the music doesn't play. And the ones that do sound like complete static. What did I do wrong? All the audio files were converted into .WAV's and are fine.

I burned using Alcohol 120% using Maximum burning speed.

Please, I would love to fully enjoy my game with audio and all.

spotanjo3

You forgot one thing.. After you converted into .wav then use Sega Cue Maker to make a .cue :)

Instruction:

Step 1:First extract the ISO/MP3 files into a folder by themselves. Next highlight the MP3s, right click, and select Convert to WAV. When it is through converting, delete the MP3s, and move the WAVs out of the "Converted Audio Files" folder and put them where the MP3s were.

Step 2: Making a CUE Sheet.
Open up Sega Cue Maker. Navigate to the folder where your .iso and .wav files are now. Click the "Generate CUE" button, you will see the cue sheet appear in the program window.

Now save the CUE to the same folder.
With the .CUE file, you can mount it with Daemon. :p

Last edited:

Zach

Also one other point, don't burn at maximum speed. At the fastest I would say do half the supported speed of the CD, if not as low as 4x.

Sometimes this can resolve issues with weird bugs that pop up and shouldn't.

Gunstar X

You forgot one thing.. After you converted into .wav then use Sega Cue Maker to make a .cue :)

Instruction:

Step 1:First extract the ISO/MP3 files into a folder by themselves. Next highlight the MP3s, right click, and select Convert to WAV. When it is through converting, delete the MP3s, and move the WAVs out of the "Converted Audio Files" folder and put them where the MP3s were.

Step 2: Making a CUE Sheet.
Open up Sega Cue Maker. Navigate to the folder where your .iso and .wav files are now. Click the "Generate CUE" button, you will see the cue sheet appear in the program window.

Now save the CUE to the same folder.
With the .CUE file, you can mount it with Daemon. :p

2 Questions.

1. Does it matter if I converted the MP3's to WAV's with Audacity?

2. Do I have to burn it with DAEMON? I used Alcohol 120% and the problem remains. Gah, what am I doing wrong!

I could mount the .cue with DAEMON Tools Lite but it wouldn't let me burn it. And couldn't get DAEMON Tools Pro cuz I apparently have to pay for it. Ugh, what a dillema I have...

spotanjo3

Okay.. I try again:

Converting the MP3 files

You need the MP3 files to be in uncompressed WAV format. The Cassini emu has a tool packed with it, called Saturn MP3-WAV converter. It's easy to use, just select the MP3 files you want converted (In the case of Panzer Dragoon, something like PD01.MP3, PD02.MP3... ) click the Add to job list button on the right, then MP3 -> WAV. Soon, you'll have the .WAV files. For some weird reason, this did not work for me, though.

So, an alternative method to convert the MP3s to WAV is using a free converter, like dBpowerAMP. Install this little prog, and after that you can either start it up and then select the files that need to be converted, or open the folder where the files are, and select them. Right click, and there should be a new option, Convert to... Anyhow, now you need to set the output format. Select WAVE, 16 bit, 44100Hz, 2 channels, these are the defaults for CD quality. Click Convert>> to start converting.

Creating a playable image file

Now you have the audio tracks in WAV format, the rest of the data in an ISO. If you already have a proper CUE file, skip this part. You can use a proggy called Sega Cue Maker to create a CUE file. Just put it in the folder with the ISO and WAV files, launch it, then input the name of the CUE file to be created (for example, Panzer_Dragoon).
Mount the CUE file with a virtual CD drive, like Daemon Tools. Installing this will create a small lightning shaped icon in the tray in the lower left of your screen. Left click on it, then select Device 0. Select the CUE file, and now it should be mounted. You should have a virtual CD drive, with the contents of the game. So that you can play it easily later, I recommend creating a proper CUE/BIN image. Get Alcohol 120%, it's a pretty decent disc copying program. Start it up, select Image Making Wizard, then select the virtual drive you've mounted the game to. Choose CDRWIN Image file as the image format. Once it finishes, you have a normal image file. You can either play this on an emulator, or burn it to a disc with the Image Burning Wizard function of Alcohol 120%.

OK ? :)

Last edited:

Gunstar X

IT WORKED! Thank you so much RockmanForte! I can finally play Guardian Heroes! Oh, this Treasure fanboy is so happy! REP FO JOO!
(Also, Megaman for the win!)

spotanjo3

You are very welcome! Feel free to ask anything. I will do my best to make you or anybody happy. I am very happy for you. Have fun! :D

KevlarKevin

Sorry to bump this topic, but everytime I use sega cue maker it says 'there are no isos in the directory', or on the other versions I downloaded, 'component missing'.

This is getting pretty frustrating as I supposedly need it because when I try to use the already existing cue file with daemon tools(which I only just found out needed to be used with ROM files when playing using SSF) it does'nt work, saying 'unable to mount image, file not accesible'. Or if I use the iso file in SSF it says 'drive empty'.