Does Puberty suck

barkhad

Banned
Here is a question I am 12 only but does puberty suck I dont like it or should I just grow up.My brother went threw puberty when he was 16.

Zach

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, you're gonna go through it at some point.

It's what you make of it. As long as you practice good hygene and actually take a shower every day, keep your face clean, whatever.. You will be saved from most of the acne and other crap people get teased over.

It's about learning to act like an adult for the most part. Unless you get hit with crippling problems you won't even give it a second thought compared to real problems like school work and shit anyway.

Just remember to keep it wrapped and stay away from slutty girls

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Im gonna stay away from this one.

PS. Talk to your parents about this, don't ask people on the internet. Trust me

Last edited:

Jale

Puberty can go as early as 9 years old and as old as 16 years old. At your age I was already going through it. It was uncomfortable and all, but you'll eventually forget about it and get over it.

Zach is right. Hygiene is the most important thing at this point.

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Just remember to keep it wrapped and stay away from slutty girls

Fair advice...if you want to be a virgin forever. Give sluts a chance! I mean, if you rule out ALL the slutty girls...that's like all of them.

Barkhad, it's not the puberty that sucks. It's the emotions and the shit that people have to go through in order to grow up. It's not being taken seriously by any one because of your age and inexperience. It's not about the bodily changes. It's about the not feeling like you fit in any where at all and the bodily changes just making that even more awkward.

Trust me, when you're done with puberty, you'll be pleased enough with your body, but you'll never be pleased with your circumstances. Just remember that. :happy:

Zach

I regretted it. The bitch just used me for sex and messed with my head. I prefer real relationships, with someone I can sit in silence with comfortably, without thinking there is something "wrong" because its so quiet.

I dated one of my sisters best friends from the time we were 14 up to just before we were 20. It was on and off, we had our issues. But we never had a major fight and we never had sex. It was one of the best relationships I've ever had and it didn't end in a huge fight.

That's my take on women. I don't care about sluts, or immature bouncey cutesy less brain cells than a beer kind of girls..

Sometimes it's any one of those things, but more often than not you get them all rolled into one if you don't know who you are dating.. If you're REALLY unlucky you'll also end up with one with some sort of spoiled entitlement complex.. ugh

Just pray you never see a GF you are really crazy about on some Girls Gone Wild commercial (or video I guess.. I don't watch them personally).. I have the utmost disdain for those girls.

Last edited:

seether9111

ummmm i forget
My best advice would be to take the whole dating/sex thing very slowly!!At the age you are at now, its easy to become confused when seeking out a suitor(partner), and hell you aint even old enough to know what you want, honestly!

Oh yeah, puberty within itself doesnt really suck....... its all the actions that it will make you partake in that you could regret

its all natural dude, it comes and goes...one day you will laugh about it, i guarantee it:glare:

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
I regretted it. The bitch just used me for sex and messed with my head. I prefer real relationships, with someone I can sit in silence with comfortably, without thinking there is something "wrong" because its so quiet.

I dated one of my sisters best friends from the time we were 14 up to just before we were 20. It was on and off, we had our issues. But we never had a major fight and we never had sex. It was one of the best relationships I've ever had and it didn't end in a huge fight.

That's my take on women. I don't care about sluts, or immature bouncey cutesy less brain cells than a beer kind of girls..

Sometimes it's any one of those things, but more often than not you get them all rolled into one if you don't know who you are dating.. If you're REALLY unlucky you'll also end up with one with some sort of spoiled entitlement complex.. ugh

Just pray you never see a GF you are really crazy about on some Girls Gone Wild commercial (or video I guess.. I don't watch them personally).. I have the utmost disdain for those girls.

Don't get me wrong here. Ok, not all women are like that. I mean, I have more brain cells than a beer. It doesn't make me less of a bitch though. I don't use people to get what I want. I have what I want. Most people do. People get used when some one else needs self-esteem and the other person is stupid enough to provide it.

The problem is too many people will say "Oh this ruined me. This one relationship, my Achilles heel. Woe is me!"

Here's what's up in life, folks: whatever you do, Own it. They're your actions. You made the choice. Sure, it may have been a bad one, but hindsight is always 20/20 and you can't kick yourself forever. As long as you own your mistakes, you cannot be unhappy.

And if you think you can, that means you aren't owning them. No regrets. Why bother? Regretting it won't change it.

The hardest part about puberty is finding your mindset. Define yourself. Don't let any one do it for you. You be yourself, whatever the cost. If you do that, then you won't be unhappy because you won't care what other people think.

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
There is no real early or late because it's different for every one. There is no set in stone date for when it will start. You are not a freak if you don't start when every one else does. It's a process like any other.

Mavtak

I prefer real relationships, with someone I can sit in silence with comfortably, without thinking there is something "wrong" because its so quiet.

You got it! :happy:

the only problem is the acne

Which is a problem more for some people than others. Be proactive about washing your face.

I hardly noticed puberty. Things got bigger, hair grew etc... girls started to look usefull....

lol :D

Just remember that your friends (and enemies?) are going through it too, so there is actually no reason to feel awkward. You probably will anyway, though. A lot of times you will probably think that there is no way that anyone else is going through what you are going through, but a lot (if not all) of your friends probably are, have at some point, or will. It's just part of growing up.

Mavtak

I don't think you can hit it late. It's not like flipping a switch and suddenly you're fully developed. As long as the doc says you're alright, you're alright.

It is highly unlikely that something will actually go wrong, but it is very likely that you will think something has. That's just how it goes. :( Still, if you turn green you might want to seek medical attention. :happy: