what do you guys think of sr388?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKMZXnsF4k

"
See Nintendo? This is what happens when you don't release a 2D Metroid like we asked. Other people have to make awesome replacements instead!

This is why we can't have nice things!" - Sorry thought that was great quote.

Last edited:

JoshM22

You are saying that Nintendo did a remake for the Wii of this awesome game. I do know they did a 3D remake for the Game Cube. I never had a chance to play it. That remake actually looked pretty good. I hope they offer it on VC. I don't own a Wii yet so don't really know what they offer on their VC service.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
JoshM22, Drifter is talking about the 2d version on the game boy. This "remake" you're referring to is what most people call metroid prime. Now granted this game has a few similarities as the classic metroid but its not even close to a "remake". IMO its an attempt to make a 3d version of metroid gone bad. Metroid an FPS???m oh forgive me a FP-adventur. .. whatever.. . Dont get me wrong its a great game but not metroid, at least not IMO, though many will disagree.

This is what happens whn you give metroid to a bunch of rookies (aka retro studios)

nintendo virtual console , ??what you mean this..

Last edited:

JoshM22

The remake don't look all that bad to me. I have played the orig green and black gamboy version and it was nothing like the orig or that i remember. I wish i could find a ROM of it that wasn't blocked by ESA or whoever protects games like that. I know the orig gameboy versions of Metroid are not making anymore money yet they block the ROMs from being distributed. I will find them on my own. No help wanted at all thanks.

As for Metroid Prime have never played it. Probably never will unless they put it on the Wii VC for download.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
As for Metroid Prime have never played it. Probably never will unless they put it on the Wii VC for download.
- If you like the old metroids definitely dont bother.

I have played the orig green and black gamboy version and it was nothing like the orig or that i remember.
- yeah it boarded me too.. I just got the color version (hack) and I'm liking that much better..

I wish i could find a ROM of it that wasn't blocked by ESA or whoever protects games like that. I know the orig gameboy versions of Metroid are not making anymore money yet they block the ROMs from being distributed. I will find them on my own. No help wanted at all thanks.
- I'm sure you will find them.

Last edited:

Zach

Metroid II on Gameboy is not very different from Metroid on NES at all. May not have been in color, but had plenty of enemies, mazes, and other stuff like the original. Plus the music when you first start the game is another great tune to remember

JoshM22

Since we are on the topic of games that are now on Wii VC. Do they offer retro game boy games on there? It would make sense since VC is a type of emulation.