PCSX2 Question

laa97

I installed PCSX2 today, and after selecting the right cd rom drive, installing a bios etc. I wanted to run form my Okami disk, see if it would work. I got through the menu, and went into browser (of ps2 not the game) and all I was able to do was format my memory cards, no disk ever showed up. Any ideas?

Subterranean

I've been playing Okami and its running fine for me. Few things you might need to do.

It seems only the US and japanese versions will run, not the PAL ones, if this is what you have.

If using the actual DVD disk, try making an iso file out of it (plenty of free programs will do this, try CD Burner XP pro) then in EPCX2 got to file->Run CD/DVD, then select the iso file.

You will need to use version 0.9.5 of PCSX2, tells you in the title bar which version you have.

I needed the latest version of the GSdx graphics plugin, shows up as GSdx MSVC 15.00 0.1.7 in my config window, or i got horrible graphic problems. You will be able to search for this.

Also make sure you format your memcards in the ps2 bios, like you say you already did before playing the game as you cant save otherwise.

You will probably have the correct options on already, but if you can see objects that are supposed to be below other objects, try turning 'Logarithmic Z' on, if thers a strange flickering when playing, try turning 'Alpha Correction (FBA)' off. These work for me.

On my 1.5 yr old PC, it was running fullspeed at 1920x1200 resolution with all graphic options on, with slight slowdowns only in the large open areas and looks better than on the PS2.

aikinai

Hi, I got Okami running no problem and it's very smooth, but I have a graphical glitch where objects have black triangles all over them if they are in the distance. Do you have that problem with you Okami, or did you do anything to fix it?