GTA 4

JoshM22

I thought i would talk about GTA 4 since the leak has come out. No i won't ask for leaked videos cause that is illegal to post the links. Three individuals with youtube accounts were sued not long ago for uploading GTA4 game play. Anyways those that have played the game how is it? I hear the game play is more life like. How life like? Can buy or steal diff outfits, run into buildings? How do you make money in the game?

Hrothgar

I've seen some of the gameplay previews. I don't know how you make money, how many buildings you can run into, or if you can steal outfits off of people. However the graphics seem much better than it's predecessors. There your surroundings are more in depth and distinct (This is because Rockstar studied actually locations as a basis for their city construction). The NPCs AI seems to have been improved upon, ex. While running away from the police a cop runs towards your vehicle and then turns sideways to block your path. Also pedestrians have enough common sense to duck whilst being shot at. The aiming of has been improved a LOT. Also there seems that there are actually decent rag doll physics implied in the game. The game isn't extremely realistic compared to other games, but GTA wouldn't be fun at all if it was. There are other subtle nice touches that were added like after you are shot, sometimes blood hits the camera.

JoshM22

I saw one leaked game play video. The grahpics are so realistic it is just amazing. Now i really want an HD TV. Can't quite afford full 1080i which i hear the game is capable of playing on a Tv of that calibur. Also read a few spolier threads. Pre-ordered the game on Amazon, so hopefully it gets in my hands on the 29th.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
GTA 4 runs at 720p natively but I guess it could be upscaled to 1080i/1080p with the correct hardware.

As for the game it will be sh!t hot. Ive been following the development on GTA fansites such as GTAGaming.com and TheGTAPlace.com which both have screenshots, trailers, and detail information about the game.

You can read about all the comfirmed features of the new game here. And try searching on youtube for leaked videos if you dont mind spoiling the storyline. As far as I know possessing videos of a leaked game isnt illegal but rockstar have been asking youtube to remove any videos atleast until the games official release date.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I watched the IGN video review and they gave it a 10/10. Its gonna be amazing

JoshM22

Thanks for the link. Just saw that there will be a little expansion download that lets you play in different countries? Only XBOX LIVE MEMBERS! I hope ROCK STAR reconsiders and releases this download for PS3 also. Seems like they are favoring XBox and Microsoft which is total crap.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Where did you here that from? I know there is going to be 2 downloadable addons that are exclusive to the Xbox360 but nothing about it being in Barcelona...

JoshM22

Downloadable episodic content was first confirmed for the Xbox 360 version at Microsoft's X06 event in Barcelona, Spain, a quote from a press release read "Rockstar and Take-Two will provide Xbox 360 gamers with exclusive access to two epic downloadable episodes of Grand Theft Auto IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of new gameplay content, and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title."
It was unclear whether the PlayStation 3 version would also feature downloadable content, however, we now know that it will not be getting anything.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/gta4/info.php

JoshM22

Where did you here that from? I know there is going to be 2 downloadable addons that are exclusive to the Xbox360 but nothing about it being in Barcelona...

I guess i read it wrong. I was under the impression you could go and play in another contry in the game you know. I figured those were the add ons. I was wrong lol.

JoshM22

In some reviews i saw on Youtube about the Xbox version there were some fram rate issues. I have PS3 version of the game and haven't had any major problems. The only prob i had was a little lag when driving a motorcyle at high speed while being chased by the police.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Arent lag and framerate issues the same thing?

And yeh Ive seen a bit of a framerate issue on the xbox360 version, but Id hazard a guess that Rockstar will release an update that will cure this minor problem. I say minor because it rarely happens.