Castlevania fans and news

spotanjo3

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/04/21/place-judgment-on-another-castlevania-trademark/

They announced NDS title is now:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

screenshot:
t_ce.jpg

Anyway, I hope they get it for Wii too!!! They haven't decide which consoles yet.

Sticky ?? :p

Last edited:

Jale

No need to be sticky, since it's a general Castlevania Fan thread, unless you post a thread about this new game. As for Wii, Iga said he has no intention in developing Castlevania for the Wii because of the controller system.

spotanjo3

No need to be sticky, since it's a general Castlevania Fan thread, unless you post a thread about this new game. As for Wii, Iga said he has no intention in developing Castlevania for the Wii because of the controller system.

Okay.

Yes, he say on Nov 2006 that they had no intention in developing for the Wii but... on April 2007: He changed his mind:

Answering a question about Castlevania on the Wii, Lee said:

So gamers on the Wii, take pride and hope dearly that Konami finally ships a Castlevania title your way, and not just through the Wii's Virtual Consol
e. For now, gamers on the Nintendo DS can rest assured that Konami is still considering their platform for another successor in the series.

See ? What you said was old about 2 years ago. Everything can change. And it is a proof of the conception. :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Last edited by a moderator:

spotanjo3

LOL!

I am not double posting in the same months. One was from last month and nobody comment on it then this month for a new information and I post it here anyway. :)

spotanjo3

Wii Castlevania later this year ? :)

Here:

http://kotaku.com/5012932/wii-castlevania-later-this-year

Cross-promoted with the 2008 video game releases, which include games for the Nintendo Wii and DS (Fall 2008) • Aggressive online marketing campaign on TOKYOPOP.com with online property profile page that includes exclusive content and preview • Advertising on popular video game websites as well as promotions and previews on MySpace, Facebook, etc. • Featured manga at San Diego Comic Con (July 2008) • Part of the Ghouling Vampires promotion, which includes a vampire-themed online component • Co-op available • The video game from Konami has been around for more than 20 years with versions for every platform, including Nintendo, PlayStation, XBox, PCs, and the major handhelds; crosspromotions in development • The most recent video game versions include Castlevania: The Dracula X Chornicles (PSP), Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Nintendo DS), and Castlevania Lament of Innocence (PS2) • Major motion picture scheduled to release 2009

I can't wait to get this game for Wii and DS! Finally, thank you Konami for making a right decision! :D

Last edited:

Zach

They may be the "same old crap" but usually they do a good job of mixing things up in most of the games so things are a little different..

Aside from that playing CV just to look at the artwork and listen to the music itself, is worth it. I haven't really played anything beyond SoTN, but my impression is they all follow that formula to some degree.

The mechanics may get old, but I'm betting they are all still worth playing just for the experience.