IPOD NES EMULATOR

JoshM22

Recently discovered you can play NES games on IPOD. Can they be played on a non-video IPOD? Do i need to download some sort of Firmware to enable my ipod to play the games? Or is it a download and load sort of deal?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Good Lord son why would you want to do that the battery life can not last that long to play games . What kind of IPOD do you have I got the old 2 GIG. :)

Last edited:

Zach

If you get 3 or 4 hours then that's not bad battery life imho... I would hope you could get that much at least... Hell remember all the money made off rechargeable batteries and Gameboy battery packs in the 90's.

As for what model you need... I have no idea.. probably something you have to look up on the emulators home page, if you can find it.. or find someone who uses it that you can ask.

Last edited:

JoshM22

I got an answer on Youtube. It turns out the emulator will only run on Ipod Touches and IPhones. Both of which i do not own. Oh well i probably will just continue to play them on computer till i get a Swapdisc. Thanks to all.

JoshM22

I have had my 4 gig Ipod Silver Nano since late 2006. I use my Ipod for music and naughty pictures lol.

This thing comes in handy when on road trips and just when your out and about in your car.Personally not too big on listening to music in public. I really don't use it all that much since I found out my CD burner could burn MP3 CD's and my DVD player plays them well. Anyways back on subject.

I haven't had to change out the battery yet on this thing which is amazing. Batter life isn't what it use to be back when my Ipod was brand new. Still it lasts a while. I can charge it and it will hold a charge for a week or two. I only use the thing three days out of the week tops.

The new 16 gig Ipod Nano looks pretty nice. Bigger screen, i think this Nano plays videos. The older Nanos did not play video at all, so nice improvement. I plan on getting that since it is only two hundred dollars at most electronic stores.

Last edited:

koko256

A good nes emulator is iDarcnes and requires iPodLinux and therefore an old ipod (nano first generation).

@JoshM22: ipod nano 3G plays videos, and I prefer its landscape screen. The only improvement in ipod nano 4G is motion sensor. Even if the 4G can be tilted to see movies in landscape mode, I find it more convenient to keep it vertical. Moreover, games designed for landscape mode (I bought old genesis Sonic game for instance) are, from iTunes, playable on 4G. However, I still do not see how to play with the click wheel at right without hiding the screen with your hand...

xplics

I got an answer on Youtube. It turns out the emulator will only run on Ipod Touches and IPhones. Both of which i do not own. Oh well i probably will just continue to play them on computer till i get a Swapdisc. Thanks to all.

I can understand a new emulator with the IPHONE or Touch because of the touch screen. However how in the world can you play a nes game on a nano the controls if possible would take a life time to get used to I would think. Also I can just picture the speed issues.

Last edited: