M.A.M.E. Bios

Ana

Hi Every one I need to know are the Bios files for MAME illegal or are they files that someone at home made to run M.A.M.E. Some of us at work want to know.

spotanjo3

Yes the bios files for MAME is illegal and it is never someone at home made to run M.A.M.E. at. You can find it yourself through google.com is all we can tell you. :D

Ana

It was so easy to find them thats why I ask.

So really theres nothing legal about MAME game wise.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
It was so easy to find them thats why I ask.

So really theres nothing legal about MAME game wise.

Mame in and of itself is perfectly legal and breaches no copyright. However the vast majority of game roms and bios roms (bios roms are the underlying operating code for different types of arcade hardware) are still subject to copyright so are technically illegal to download without the explicit consent of the copyright owners, although in many cases its not financially viable for the copyright owners to pursue legal action against people who are doing so, so mostly they simply turn a blind eye, especially where the roms are for older games that no longer make anyone any money.

Copyright holders will generally try to dissuade romsites and almost certainly threaten legal action against anyone making money from the enterprise though.

Its perfectly ok to discuss games and game roms here, but it breaches the forum rules to discuss how or where to obtain them.

Last edited:

JoshM22

What MAME bios need I need to get for MAME 0125s? I am not sure if that really is the name of it but it is the latest update of the software.

JoshM22

What do i do? There are all these files now in this new build? I have no clue which one to push. As you all can see not very MAME savy.

JoshM22

Compile what? Once again i am not familiar with MAME at all. I would really appreciate help. I guess i just created a lot of work for myself by downloading this?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You've downloaded the source code version (for developers and people who compile their own builds). You need to either download the binary version or judging from the previous posts I would recommend you google and download MameUI which is a version of Mame that comes with a built in, mouse friendly interface.

JoshM22

Okay i figured out how to set the controls for a game pad or joy stick. The controls for game pad a very shotty and don't always work for me. Any suggestions. A joystick with buttons kinda like ones show cased on Youtube would that be better to use? Key board controls just suck for combat games. Only good for Defender and old games alike.