New to emulators...please help me with SSF!!!

rs-t

I have downloaded SSF and downloaded Die Hard Arcade. Die Hard Arcade has a .iso file, a .cue file, and numerous .mp3 files. I also downloaded Daemon Tools. Now I understand that I need to mount the iso and cue files, but when I try to do this with the .cue file, I get an error message:

"Unable to mount image, file not accessable."

Could anybody give me a simple step by step guide of how to get the game running, as I am really stuck here! :(

I downloaded a sega saturn bios file, but not sure if it's any good, if anybody has any better suggestions as to where I could find bios, PM's are welcomed ;)

Thanks in advance, RS-T :D

rs-t

Thanks RockmanForte, now I have encountered another problem! I made the cue file using the .iso and .wav files, and mounted it in Daemon tools, and then opened it using SSF. I then set up the language, clock etc on the the saturn, but then it goes to the main screen, it says game disc unsuitable for system. It plays like an audio cd with different sound effect and music??? What have I done wrong? The game i downloaded "die hard arcade" came with the mp3 files, an iso file, and a cue file but no bin file. Do i need to get an stv bios aswell?

PS: I couln't use the sega cue maker that was linked on here, as when i tried to run it i got the error message

"component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I tried downloading the comdlg32.ocx file from another site and it said to put it in the windows/system32 folder, I did this and it still didn't run.

Last edited:

rs-t

now iv tried to download a eurpean version of the game from here: ****************

I have tried to mount the files but i get the error:

unable to mount image, sampling rate must be 44100

what do i do now?

Last edited by a moderator:

rs-t

ive got the game to work now, but it runs quite slowly... is there any way i can change this?

I have amd athlon 64x2 and the right specs!

What are stv bios, and what difference will it make if i have one with ssf?

Last edited:

Zach

Since your new to emulators I'll give an explanation..

A lot of the newer systems are very complex machines.. The Saturn in particular has several different chips to emulate. As emulators are always considered Beta products, in continuous development, there is no guarantee of performance.

It takes a lot of time, often years, for an emulator to fully develop and reach the point where it can handle most of the game library at decent enough speed. The emulation scene is largely about patience.

As more powerful machines come out, it will get faster, but it also takes a skilled programmer as well.. Even as skilled as a lot of emulator programmers are, it can be a learning experience for them as well

SSF is by far the best Saturn emulator currently available.. So you just havd to have faith..

Although I am hoping a friend of mine will hurry up and get his Saturn emulator released soon.. The videos I've seen are most impressive and easily surpass what SSF can do.

jpcline004

Gaijin
What are stv bios, and what difference will it make if i have one with ssf?

STV was a type of arcade hardware that SEGA based on the saturn. Games included Virtua Fighter Kids, Radiant Silvergun and a couple other non Model 2 games from that era.

the emulator includes support for the bios because the arcade board is nearly identical to the saturn's hardware so the emulator could theoretically also serve as a STV emulator. I am pretty sure it is still preliminary though. Most of these games run at fullspeed or pretty darn close in MAME so I have never got around to trying them in SSF

well...sorry for the long winded response, but to answer your question: having the STV bios won't effect saturn emulation at all.

rs-t

rs-t,

this link is illegal and you shouldn't do that. It is against the rules. Remove it. :)

what part needs to be removed?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Is there any other things i could do to try and increase the games performance? eg free up some more memory on the computer, exit any other programmes in the background?

Zach

That site offer games for download.. This is a violation of copyright laws in many countries and our forum rules do not allow the posting of, or request for, links to sites like that.

Surprised I missed it the first time, guess I was more tired than I thought.