Mozilla Issues

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Anybody know why Mozilla Firefox keeps trying to update itself and then tells me that there are files unable to update and then keeps trying to update every two minutes?

I can't even open Mozilla now. I have to use *gag* Internet Explorer.

Tips, advice?

Should I blow it away and re-download?

I'm a geek. Unfortunately for me, I'm not a computer geek... :dry:

Jale

Anybody know why Mozilla Firefox keeps trying to update itself and then tells me that there are files unable to update and then keeps trying to update every two minutes?

I can't even open Mozilla now. I have to use *gag* Internet Explorer.

Tips, advice?

Should I blow it away and re-download?

I'm a geek. Unfortunately for me, I'm not a computer geek... :dry:
Are you using a DU meter or some other traffic meassure tool?

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
I tried to uninstall and reinstall. No dice.

Jale, if I knew what a DU meter was, I would surely tell you. If you can tell me how to look for it, I can tell you if I have it.

I'm not savvy enough to have a clue. X.x;;;

Jale

A DU meter is a little app monitor that tells you how much KB/s or kbps is running on your Internet connection. Another reason is that Firefox is being used by another app.

Hrothgar

Not really computer savy myself. I just wanted to add the idea that if you can't get Firefox to work, then maybe you could use Opera? Anything is better than... Interent Explorer.

Hrothgar

Opera is just another open source browser like Mozilla. To my understanding it's only fault is a lack of plug-ins for it, but it runs a lot better than Internet Explorer. I would still try to get Mozilla working, but I have not advice on how to accomplish this. If all else fails, then you still have Opera.

You can find it here

Jale

I use Internet Explorer with sites that requires it (Microsoft.com for instance). I use Mozilla Firefox most of the time and I use Opera (Opera Mini to be exact) on my phone.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
As Jale, I use IE when needed. I have the firefox plugin to switch back and forth. I do like opera, but to be honest its to cluttered and cumbersome for me. Firefox will work for you there is nothing to tricky about it. Most of the time if removing wont fix it, just remove then delete the local setting files in your "Documents and Settings" folder.

EX:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\Mozilla
C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data

where USER NAME is your name...

Then reinstall

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
See, that's what I already did though! Upon reinstall it's STILL telling me that it can't update certain files. And then it keeps auto-trying for the next twenty minutes until I finally get it to open, upon which it freezes my computer.

I've done the virus scans and defragged. I ran ad-aware and NOD32. I have spybot too. I have no idea wtf is up, but it's starting to make me irritated.

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Ok, somehow it's magically working again.

I don't know what I did, but somewhere in the host of things I tried was the solution. God only knows what it really was. I just did like ten different things and tried the whole process over.