DVD-ROM using GameEx or MameWah?

DssTrainer

Hi,

I'm working on creating a DVD-Rom that uses Autorun to simply start up as soon as its popped into the dvd drive on a person's PC. I'm currently setting GameEx and it all looks like it should work pretty well, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried this. I want to make is as idiot-proof as possible so I can make a copy for my friends and they can go old school with little setup.

Has anyone done something like this with a frontend like GameEx or mamewah? Any tips or advice?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The only issue you might run into is where anyone has their dvd drive assigned to a different drive letter to the one specified in the GameEx/Mamewah setup.

For example if Gamex or mamewah are setup on the disk to have the rom folder in D:\mame\roms and the users DVD drive is assigned E:\ or F:\ then there might be an issue because when the FE looks for the roms in D:\ they naturally aren't going to be there.

That would be my main focus in making sure that if things are running directly from a DVD as opposed to being extracted to a common directory that there is a solution that allows the very rigid path setup structure to be more flexible when it encounters systems that don't match the setup info provided on the disk.

Zach

There have to be some variables or some kind of filepath setting, or something that can be used, much the same way installers for PC games and programs find the correct drive letter when used.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
it's all about your GUI, you shouldn't have problems with Your Computer's Autorun (autorun.inf)

if it's not disabled (yes it can be disabled [CD\DVD and FlashDrives, Respectively]