Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Dragon II on the PC-Engine.

Default Double Dragon II on the PC-Engine.

Hi, I'm new here, please excuse me if this thread is in the wrong place. I have a problem uploading Double Dragon II on my computer. I've downloaded the ROMs as RAR files, and I tried to run it through several PC-Engine/Turbo Grafx-16 emulators (including Magic Engine). However, none of them seem to work at all. I'd be very thankful if someone here could offer some help. Thanks.
    Last edited by ProfessorX; April 5th, 2008 at 16:22.

Default Re: Double Dragon II on the PC-Engine.

Don't reveal ROM sources. It's against the rules.

Have you tried uncompressing these RAR files?

Quote Originally Posted by Jale View Post
    Don't reveal ROM sources. It's against the rules.

Have you tried uncompressing these RAR files?
    Sorry about that. I've deleted it.

I can't find the option to uncompress it. Any more help please?

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

You need to download and use WinRar. Its a trial version but works just fine and every so often it will pop up asking do you want to use the full version or carry on with trial just click continue with trial version. When you install it, it will add a new option to your right click menu - use that.

Quote Originally Posted by FatTrucker View Post
    You need to download and use WinRar. Its a trial version but works just fine and every so often it will pop up asking do you want to use the full version or carry on with trial just click continue with trial version. When you install it, it will add a new option to your right click menu - use that.
    Thanks. I've done that now. I've extracted the Double Dragon files okay, but none of my emulators seem to be able play it. Which PC-Engine/Turbo-Grafx 16 emulator should I use and how should I go about this?
    Last edited by ProfessorX; April 5th, 2008 at 21:02.

Crazy Frog

Try magic engine

It's a very good emulator.. It's the only one I know of off the top of my head. It should allow you to play for a certain amount of time, but then you have to purchase a license to get rid of the annoying time limit.

Use Ootake 1.43.. It is going to be the best emulator soon because it is FREE.

And also.. winrar is a crap because it is not free. Use 7-zip.. It is free
    MacBook Pro 13" with a Retina October 2014 (Purchased on March 28, 2015) - macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.1.1

EMU: SDL MAME - SNES9X - FCEUX - Gens32 - No$gba - DeSmuME - ePSXe - SSF - NeoPop - OSwan - Mupen64Plus - PCSX2 - Dolphin

Thanks again. I managed to get ootake running (I think), though I'm having second thoughts about the Double Dragon files I downloaded. I've uncompressed it, but I only see a few mp3 files and music tracks. I don't know if it's the right one.

It's probably against regulations to post links to ROMs on threads, so could anyone please PM me a better ROM for Double Dragon II on PC-Engine? I hope it's all right. Thanks.
    Last edited by ProfessorX; April 7th, 2008 at 10:08.

Crazy Frog

That's still against the rules.. But anyway, I hardly think "because its free" qualifies something as the best automatically. I'd rather base my opinion on a programs functionality than financial status.

It sounds like maybe you got some sort of CD version of the game (Turbo CD I am guessing, or whatever its called).. Not sure why there would be MP3 files AND music tracks, tho..

You could post a screenshot of the directory with the files, that may help shed some light on the issue

Crazy Frog

Back to expand on that thought about the emulator..

User Interface.. slightly atrocious.
    Control definition doesn't even list key conflicts
    Tried out Magical Chase which seemed decent.. but the sound got choppy and it slowed down once I started the first level..

Think I'll stick with Magic Engine.. worth the $20 to me

Thread Information