Having problem with original MAME

lockerroom13

I just install the original MAME to my computer and after extracting all the files. I try to run the progam, but i keep getting "Proposed video mode not supported on device \\.\Display1" then it goes to say "unable to intialize Direct3D." Can someone help me with this problem. There were to many MAMA emulator, so I decided to go with the original.Thanks.

spotanjo3

try changing it to 32 bit... How???

Click the right button of the mouse on desktop and click properties and click settings then click color quality to 32bit or above. :)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I just install the original MAME to my computer and after extracting all the files. I try to run the progam, but i keep getting "Proposed video mode not supported on device \\.\Display1" then it goes to say "unable to intialize Direct3D." Can someone help me with this problem. There were to many MAMA emulator, so I decided to go with the original.Thanks.

Did you download the binary or source?. If its commandline mame have you generated your .ini file?. Lastly what are the specs of the machine its running on? (CPU, GPU and OS).

Sounds like either a problem with the ini file and/or DirectX or graphics drivers. If you can confirm answers to the above I should be able to get you sorted.

lockerroom13

I downloaded the Win32 command line version for windows, also downloaded the 32bit version. both say the same error. Do you think it could be that my graphic card is up to date with these emulator? I am trying to run this on a Laptop. Thanks.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
No its probably because you haven't generated an .ini file. Either download and use MameUI (mame with a built in front end) from here, or go into a command prompt and generate the ini file. Let me know if you need to know how to do it.

Note in all cases you want to download the binary release not source.