• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Model 2 Emulator 0.7 WIP

spotanjo3

So far, no tricks :) The games now run through real network connection (UDP based). You can run them in the same cpu by making each emulator listen in different ports.
Right now the network setup is a bit difficult, as it runs close to the real machine. You must setup all emulators network parameters to make a ring: machine1 points to machine2, machine2 points to machine3,....machinex points to machine1
then you properly setup a machine as master and the rest and slaves and the emu will simulate the fiber optic transport through the network, and the game will run like the real machine :)
I haven't tested it in real network though. I expect the UDP packets will become fragmented as they are around 3KB each (the machine transfers 3KB per frame) so I'll have to write some small transport protocol over it. Also different games have different support for high latency. Daytona doesn't seem to care too much, although the cars will probably "jump" a bit if there is high latency, but Indy500 and STCC need frame-synced machines, so the frame time for all machines would be the slowest machine speed+ping time between machines.
Here I don't have the latest emu src, so I can't try daytona with 3D (this source is pre-TGP emulation) but all 2B & 2C games that use network run properly (stg24h, indy500, von, stcc).
Here you can see a Twin Indy500 machine emulated in a single computer. A twin machine contains 2 networked boards, each one feeding a monitor:

indytwinfl4.png

Site @ http://www.speksnk.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68117&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=320