How do I get ISO/MP3's to run with SSF?

Millenium

I've tried mounting the ISO in Alcohol 120%, and the usually gets the title screen to load. Past that however the game just freezes, or rather, refuses to load. I can easily use CUE/BIN's by mounting the CUE, I just can't for the life of me get this to work. Is there a secret? =/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I've tried mounting the ISO in Alcohol 120%, and the usually gets the title screen to load. Past that however the game just freezes, or rather, refuses to load. I can easily use CUE/BIN's by mounting the CUE, I just can't for the life of me get this to work. Is there a secret? =/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An ISO should be fine. If you are getting to the title screen before it fails are you sure the problem isn't with a bad ISO file rather than the emulator. Or possibly that the game in question isn't fully emulated in SSF.

spotanjo3

What game did you try to run on SSF ?

FatTrucker,

how do you know ? He didnt say the name of game and yet you assume that it is possibly isn't fully emulated in SSF ? Please don't be assume. You should ask him what game at first. Most games are fully playable on SSF... 90% games.

Millenium

So far I've tried Panzer Dragoon, Sonic 3D Blast, Metal Slug X and Saturn Bomberman. I checked the compatibilty list so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I guess I've got some bad files. =/

spotanjo3

Applications Needed:
Saturn MP3-WAV Converter
Sega CUE Maker

Step 1: Converting the MP3s to WAVs:

First extract the ISO/MP3 files into a folder by themselves. Next highlight the MP3s, right click, and select Convert to WAV. When it is through converting, delete the MP3s, and move the WAVs out of the "Converted Audio Files" folder and put them where the MP3s were.

Step 2: Making a CUE Sheet.
Open up Sega Cue Maker. Navigate to the folder where your .iso and .wav files are now. Click the "Generate CUE" button, you will see the cue sheet appear in the program window.

Now save the CUE to the same folder.
With the .CUE file, you can mount it with Daemon.
BTW, you can get the Sega Cue maker here: http://www.racketboy.com/downloads/sega-cue-maker.htm
I don't know where to get the Saturn MP3-WAV Converter, but any program that converts .mp3 to .wav will work. There's a nice and free one here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

ENJOY!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What game did you try to run on SSF ?

FatTrucker,

how do you know ? He didnt say the name of game and yet you assume that it is possibly isn't fully emulated in SSF ? Please don't be assume. You should ask him what game at first. Most games are fully playable on SSF... 90% games.

You know what rockman, he was non specific hence my use of the word possibly also in a non specific manner. Its a perfectly normal mechanism in the English language perhaps you should read peoples posts more carefully.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

It have nothing to do with read peoples posts more carefully.

Never mind.

Anyway, I already explain to him how to use iso/mp3 in guide anyway, thank you very much.

Millenium

Eh, now I've got another problem. With some files, when I try to mount the CUE in Alcohol 120% I get this error message: Sampling rate must be 44100. Does anyone know what this means, or how I might change the sampling rate?

Last edited:

Millenium

alcoholfailurexq4.jpg

Just out of curiosity Rockman, what is your first language?

spotanjo3

Does it matter what language I speak as long as it is in english? I have been speaking English for all my life and I still make mistakes, so what. No comment.

For your problem... I cannot help you with that. Sorry.

Millenium

I assumed by FatTrucker's post that you were just learning English. I assure you no offense was meant by my post... I'm sorry if you took it that way.

spotanjo3

You are wrong.

FatTrucker don't know everything. He don't know me at all. Why do you believe him ? I don't appreciate you calling my state out like that.

Last edited: