Different OS

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Ok I got XP off my HDD and now I want some thing Else.
Reason cuz XP just fucked up completely.

Should I install Windows 98 or Windows ME?

I plan on installing XP again soon.
also will DirectX 9 be compatible

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Should I install Windows 98 or Windows ME?

Are you pissed/stoned/High on Jenkem???

Hell no should you install those sh!tty OS's.. More than like they wont work because your computer is umm manufactured this century. If you wanna d!ck around with old OS's then install them in a virtual machine. Use a program like Virtual PC or VMWare... :D

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Lol............

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
If XP doesn't work then you must have broken hardware or something.

Its not that XP didnt work.
I had a modded version of XP

I plan on installing Xp right after I do either on of these. I just want to try one out

Jale

Modded XPs are real shit! Get a clean un-modded XP instead.

Don't even think on installing Windows 98/ME. Windows 2000 is acceptable though.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
www.linuxmint.com get the ISO ,it is way far better than XP

It is very easy Linux to use with all things ready for you.Practically you only have to install it.It has everything ready for you.

Of course if you are not scared of Linux OS-es :)

If you plan to install XP ,then i recommend ROYALE VERSION.

Hope this is of some help!

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
XP royal, what is the difference between it and regular XP?

Ill try the Linux, right Now I have Mandriva. for my linux partition

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I think he's referring to XP Pro.

It remains though that XP is currently the most compatible and stable Windows OS. Downgrading to 98 or ME will cause you more problems than downgrading to Vista.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I think he's referring to XP Pro.

It remains though that XP is currently the most compatible and stable Windows OS. Downgrading to 98 or ME will cause you more problems than downgrading to Vista.

Im gonna try Windows 2000.

LOL. Im on Vista right now, it blows. Its froze like 10 times in 2 days

Jale

XP Royal is a modded XP and the regular XP is clean/un-modded (and thus more stable). If you are going to try Windows XP, make sure it's Service Pack 2, either original or pirated (downloaded) copy. Get the original if you want Windows Update support, but it costs money. Of course, there are hacks to bypass the Windows Genuine Advantage thing, but we won't help on that.

If you are trying Windows 2000, get the latest Service Pack available for improved compatiblity (Service Pack 4). I still encourage you to try XP Service Pack 2 though.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Nevermind. Do do driver problems, Ill just stick to XP

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am refering to the December 2007 version of XP PRO :)
You will forget WinXP once and for all if you use Linuxmint ,at least i hope so:)

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I am refering to the December 2007 version of XP PRO :)
You will forget WinXP once and for all if you use Linuxmint ,at least i hope so:)

Can Linuxmint play Windows games? Or other .exes?

I saw a hybrid of Linux and Xp I might trippleboot with it and try it out

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
A Linux who can play WIndows games is MandrivaPowerpack2008 commercial version of Linux with the CEDEGA program. Linux Mint has all other windows abilities except gaming as it is not programed with the gamer in mind,sorry :(

Just stick to Windows for games.

Actually i am with KiwiLinux a very much like Linuxmint but with the PPPOE ethernet protocol ,and is the only Linux to support my net connection. I am downloading a lot of software ,and i am happy when i see the menus full of games,Bitorrents downloads ,very advanced CD/DVD burning,copy and modifying ISO-s,a lot of music players,videoplayers , a lot of extensions for firefox, and a lot more. You will never regret a OS with full of software ,for your own pleasure ,at least i hope so :)

You can even see the Universe(some of it ) with Celestia emulator.It is very beatiful.

Of course you can have all this with Windows too,but with cracked applications ,because if you buy them one by one ,you do the accounting yourself, plus the cracked versions cost a lot of memory usage ,so i invite you in having your PC at top performance even it is not one of this kind.

I am telling just like OBAMA : WITH LINUX YOU CAN :)

Last edited: