Problems running legend of dragoon

jw6061jw

I put the disc in and run cd-rom and it goes to a black screen, a hit esc and it returns to the emulator as usual and doesnt give me any errors. im assuming the problem is with the graphics im using? im using psxemucheater 2.5 or something, it works fine in my psx but I want to cheat, like I have my other games on epsxe. let me know any ideas or if you need more information. thank you

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
PEC is just fronting as a GPU plugin to patch into the video code.

you're still using the GPU plugins you have,
what plugin have you configured PEC to use?

Pete's D3D\OpenGL 1.6 or 2
and Peop's Soft should always be on your list, get the one that works best with your game.

also, if you could play on a lower resolution, this should improve your desktop's reaction time (when you switch to Full Screen and back to your desktop)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Many people have problem running it with epsxe and can be done if correct plugin and config but Xebra runs it beautifully without a problem. :)

montpics

Try to play the game without the use of PEC. Once you're in the game, try to make a save state of it and exit. Run the game again with PEC and load the saved state.

Note :
Don't pick all the cheats as it will ended up on black screen as you mentioned. Use necessary cheats only.

jw6061jw

Thanks for the help guys. Actually I finally found another thread somewhere with a similar problem, in which they suggested to get a different BIOS...much to the moderators confusion! I did that, and also hit F4...and it started working. Not sure which move did it, but the important part is it works now....and I can cheat! Thanks though.