Picked up a new toy

Zach

Yesterday I bought a Sandisk MP3/Video player, the Sansa "View" 8gb model.. the 16gb was tempting for $199 but the 8gb was already expensive enough at $149.

The key feature I like about this unit is the MicroSD/MicroSDHC expansion port, so you can plug in storage cards full of even more music you are carrying with you. Very handy for taking Anime on the go too.

35 hours of audio or 7 hours of video continuously before needing a recharge. Supports playlists and can categorize stuff by Artist, Album, Podcast, Audiobook, Recordings (voice microphone or built FM radio recordings), Genre, etc.. Supports Mpeg-4 video @ 30FPS, 2000 bitrate. MP3 and AAC-LC audio.

Overall its a great unit. Working on converting my collections over to 140kbps AAC format. Sounds awesome, and you get nearly perfect 1:1 ratio on your compression (target being 1mb/minute). Easily sounds as good as 160kbps - 192kbps MP3.

If anyone is in the market for an MP3 player, and you don't want an Ipod, and definitely want the ability to use removable extra storage media, give the Sandisk Sansa "View" a try. Comes in 8gb, 16gb, and soon 32gb. The LCD screen is 2.4" which is decent enough as well.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2453)-SDMX10R-8192K-A70-SanDisk_Sansa_View_MP3_Player_8GB.aspx

It's very small and lightweight, and I have no trouble attaching my name to recommend it to others.
Now I can finally throw away my piece of shit portable MP3 CD player that always sucked and was slow and took forever to read a disc sometimes. Will make a great addition to my car since I have a 3.5" Auxillary port on the front of my MP3 deck.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
QUESTION

Whenyou play videos, does the screen display it ummmm.........do you keep it upright or do you turn it sideways

Zach

Now you're slightly over the width restriction but it's only 4 pixels so I'll let it slide...