(Help) Im new and this keeps happening

aprince

Hello, Im new here and would like to say Hi to everyone. I just got my first emulator and its Project 64. Atlernatively I got the game LOZ Majora's Mask

I would like to know two things and I apprieciate your time and effort.

1. I always play my emulator in full screan cuz I have vision problems. The only thing is that when I swich to a different application or a popup diaologe pops up IE, if I get that low battery warning or dowload new software for ny Nortan. and if Im in full screan, when I get back to the game The screan blacks out and I have to alt+F4 to quit it and I loose my data that was unsaved. I had 1.6 or something and this kep happening so I unisntalled it and got 1.7.

2. Sometimes when I play the spead of the games gets three times faster and the sound gets distorted. I would like to know how to fix this problem.

Thanks and I hope this is where this goes. If anyone can help I would greatly apprieciate it. I just got a controller for my PC and I hope it will work for my emulators. Im gonna check it out now. lol

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
About question number 1, I think I know what you are talking about. Assuming that I do, I believe that you can just press a button like start or anything and the picture will come right back.
About question number 2, do you have a dual core processor? If so what make? If not..I don't really know what the problem is.

Oh yeah and ...
the spead of the games gets three times faster
speed is not spelled with an A;)

Last edited:

aprince

about the blacking out. No my game freezes and I cant do anything about it but quit the program.

As for the speed. Now I got a piece of heart and its like 20times faster. I dont kniow what kind of prossesser I have but I think its pretty good.

Nother thing now. The controller I bought is a "Recoil" retractible PC pad and I got most of the things set the way I want but I want to use the analoge stick for movement yet I dont knlow how to set it to move. if I click on it it says "default" or "mouse movement" or something like that. I want the up analoge stick direction to be that of the up anologe direction for the game's controller.

Right now the speed is the main problem. If you tell me how to check my prossessor I can tell you what kind it is. thanks again.

aprince

Great so now when I try to open my Zelda Majora's Mask emulator it makes a blump sound like a diologue box appiered but none shows up. I cant even play my game now. grr any suggestions?

aprince

OK, hopefully I fixed the speed problem, I checked the "limit FPS" what does that mean, button.

Still Im unsure about the analoge stick problem
and Still unsure about the blacking out problem. help? thanks.

kandarian

Lumine Infinite
I think you should get another plugin for joysticks: )
N-Rage is good ^^
I think it's under options>plugins or something

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
OK, hopefully I fixed the speed problem, I checked the "limit FPS" what does that mean, button.

When the screen blanks have you tried holding down the 'Alt + TAB' keys?.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
FPS is Frames per second limit, usually it's 60, but for fun some set it to 70 and up.

N-Rage and Jabo's works Fine (you must have your Game Device selected first before you could map it)

what Resolution are you playing at?
it could be that your PC is busy with all the stuff on the background, so that when you return to your game, the CPU wont switch back to give your Game the Priority,
esp when you Mentioned "NORTON"
get rid of it. quick, get nod32 or Kaspersky. :)
norton coud be hogging your SYSTEM

LittleKey

Also, for the black out problem, you might be able to fix it by pressing escape, to put it back into the small window. I think I have a similar problem, and that works for me.

Hrothgar

Worse comes to worse, you can always press F5, which saves your state. So even if you do have to exit the emulator you can come back when you keep playing.

F7 is the fast key for loading the state too, I think.

Genome

north west south west
another great fix for the speed issue is to sync the audio to the game. at the top click on options>configure audio plugin. then a window pops up and you have the choice to log audio (record to a .wav file to play in media player) a slider on the left to control your volume, and (make sure you have a rom running!!!!) a button you can click labeled "sync game to audio"

almost always fixes my problem.

hope that helps.