Attansic L2 100Mbit ethernet adapter driver for MANDRIVA2008!

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi people.

I just set up a dual boot system with WINDOWSXPPRO and MANDRIVALINUX2008,and the Linux system was great it has known all my drivers of my PC except the module of the ethernet adapter. I searched a little bit around the net and i saw that a guy with a laptop has the same problem as me ,and he needed just to download to files and it worked for him. I already downloaded those files too,but still haven't tried cause they are the kernel update so i am afraid of ruining my Mandriva installing those so i was wondering is the same the kernel for the Laptop and for the PC. I by myself want to try out cause i think since we have the same ethernet card i thing they will do for me to but i wanted to be sure so i am asking here?

Many thanks in advance.

Zach

Why do you mean the same for the laptop and the PC ??

As long as you have the same network card, the drivers are for you OS, then it should work.. a kernel update aint shit but a recompile at best, which should be taken care of automatically when the drivers install..

If you get no joy out of that, try using generic drivers

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Installing a kernel intended for another kind of system might not work. Installing the right kernel module shouldn't be to hard though.

You can find the latest version here:
http://people.redhat.com/csnook/atl2/

In my experience though, this NIC (network card) or at least it's Linux driver is pretty crappy. One was installed in server I use, and I had heavy network issues (timeouts and complete failures) until they replaced it with a proper Intel NIC (though IMHO anything else would have probably sufficied, such as a Realtek based NIC).

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I downloaded the Laptop Kernel and it ruined my Mandriva Installation.

Any way that's ok now i am downloading MANDRIVAPOWERPACK2008 the commercial version with all the drivers ,codecs ,plugins and full of comercial software for linux,although i have some days until i finish my 48 files download.
I only download five a day,because my Broadband only works at full speed from 12:00 until 3:00 so that sucks ,anyway it's very cheap so i am keeping it :)