PSP internal modification

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hi i saw at the internet some videos of how easy was to modify your PSP.
Anyway i am not taking that risk.

I will take it to a store to modify it from 3.40to 3.51M33 , as i saw here that this was the right firmware to play emulator on it. Tell me if i am wrong ?

Because i will take it after 2 days,just say to me who is the right firmware to play emus , homebrew ,iso and cso,(i already with 3.40 can play iso,cso)

It will be great playing old games in a portable gaming system.
I heard that PSP has exceptional capability in emulation section,(no wonder why are a lot of emus that already runs on it.

The main point is my question which is the right firmware for emulating and playing ISO at the same point , i heard that is 3.51 M33 by myself ,but to be sure i will ask here which i always have found many answers to my problems.

Many thanks in advance ,and thank to all who have helped me out until now.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Firstly what model PSP have you got? Is it either the "Phat PSP" or the "Slim 'n' Lite PSP" and what firmware are you currently running?

Settings > System Settings > System information

Currently the latest custom firmware out it called 3.71m33 (I think :s) A newer version called 3.80m33 will be released in about a week and offers homebrew (Emulators....) and ISO/CSO support using the latest sony firmware.

There is no need to take your PSP to anyone to have its firmware updated. You can easily do it yourself for free....

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Hey Tchubacha, do you know if its true that DarkAlex is now working with th m33 team?

Ohh and Belmont, Its really easy to downgrade and upgrade you firmware. Tha last firmware I had was the 3.52 m33 CF which worked fine

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Hey Tchubacha, do you know if its true that DarkAlex is now working with th m33 team?

Ohh and Belmont, Its really easy to downgrade and upgrade you firmware. Tha last firmware I had was the 3.52 m33 CF which worked fine

Im not entire sure whats going on. I think M33 turned out to be DarkAlex... :unsure:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I already speaked with the guy who will upgrade my PSP and he said that he want to upgrade my to 3.60 it supports the Homebrew and emulators he said to me.

I have a Phat 3.40PSP ,i know that the slim are under 3.7 which the guy told me.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
If he does it for free, I guess thats cool. Its so easy to do, if he ask for money its a rip-off

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
In fact he told me ,if i had bought the PSP at his store ,he would have done it for free. Now it cost me 7USD ,but will make it to 3.7 which support all kind of things he told me that supports ISO,CSO the newly introduced format JSO which is a low file size compared to the others and also emulation and homebrew application.

Anyway i already have give my PSP ,i am waiting a phone ,in the next two days , it 's a rip off but that happens when (i am a coward) and i am afraid to ruin my PSP during the modification ,so instead of losing 300USD,i will lose 7USD ,that's my thinking here ,but after all nobody cares for 7USD :)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I suppose $7 is quite cheap... Make sure you get a copy of your NAND just incase things go bad. Although all homebrew is tested and re-tested no one can be 100% sure its safe.

"Pandora" can restore a corrupted NAND chip but it can't restore the idstorage which contains values that are unique to each individual PSP. By making a nackup of your NAND chip you will have a copy of your idstorage.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Ok man , i will

Although i think that they are safe ,because when i tried them (the emulators and roms) in my 3.40 versions they was known by PSP but could not load them. SO i think i will just in case things go bad just like you say ,but i would rather 90% exclude this possibility :) anyway for the 10% of insecurity i will get a copy of NAND.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Dark AleX, an extraordinary PSP modder, has called it quits. The last update is:

CFW PSP 3.71 M33

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
In here 3.71 was the greatest that they have and i must admit it has quite some cool icons confronting to 3.40 it even shows up the bios the 3.71 ,i am happy ,but i forgot how to use the emus (especially the GENESIS emulator as i want to play Street of Rage series in here,that's the reason i modified my PSP) Any help is greatly appreciated.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
1. Download your emulator from pspupdates.qj.net or somewhere safe and reliable (EZ maybe? :p )

2. Unzip/Unrar with winrar or any other program that supports rars and zips

3. If you end up with FOLDERNAME and %FOLDERNAME then copy them both to X:/PSP/GAME or X:/PSP/GAME150 depending on the settings youve got.

4. Launch the emulator from the XMB.

Most emulators come with a README.txt explaining how to install and run the program. If it doesnt run the first time then copy and paste the two folders into the other pissible directory.

You should also know that althought most homebrew comes with two folders some may come with just the one folder. If that is the case then just copy the one folder to PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME150

Sorry if that doesnt make sense. Im typing this as fast as I can because my battery is about to die....

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Yeah i tried all emulators from emulator-zone.com and the only ones i was able to play were

NES
GB/GBC
NEO GEO POCKET,

I tried all others but when i launched them they freezed several times my PSP.

I need badly to play SEGA GENESIS ,or SNES , I used to play them in my PS2 and now that my PS2 is no more i was hoping PSP could substitute it well ,even better cause PSP is portable,but until now i am wrong.
Hope will be future releases in the future.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I tried DGEN and it didn't work,but i will try that SNES emu you mention ,i hope it will work. Thanks man

Even SNES that you mention says DATA CORRUPTED.Anyway i am not happy but glad with NES play ,with Hudson Advenutre Island ,Castlevania series ,Dragon Warrior and Ninja Gaiden and the Megaman series.

Last edited: