Convert Roms to SWF/EXE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3lt

There is a thread from a few months ago asking if there is something to convert to SWF. No solid answers were given.

Is there anyway to convert them into EXE files?

What can they be converted into?

Are there any roms, not just NES, that can be made into an swf/fla?

Thanks in advance,

m3lt

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Wow.. ok unless I'm missing the boat here your not make any sense. An fla file that can be opened in flash will publish (compile) to an swf. You man also publish to an exe. So if you have a fla file you can make an exe or swf. If you wanted to convert an swf to exe you would need a flash decompiler. Plenty out there...

But, for the life of me, I don't have a clue what this has to do with emulation or nes?? No you can't make an fla or swf or even an exe from a rom? Roms are images of cartages. exe and swf are for the most part binary programs. An fla is a project file for flah. :confused:

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Only SNES emulator and NES in FLASH are available.. Only two of them. The SNES FLASH was never released and discontinued. The NES emulator FLASH is available and I have to look at it somewhere but I can't post it because NES emulator flash run roms include freely which is against the rules here. *GRIN*

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
RockmanForte, I dont know where you got that he is looking for an emulator out of that but I must admit you have a level of understanding detritus that I could never measure up to.

m3lt, If your talk above was to inquire about an emulator made in flash then I could only guess you looking for a web based emulator. Look in to java, flash would be one of the most clumsy way to write emulator. Trust me I write flash 24/7 as an occupation, not by choice. It is way to over bloated for emulation needs. Seriously look into java based emulators.

That is if you meant to ask about flash emulators as RockmanForte thought.

spotanjo3

I have experience with many emulators because I have been around emulators for over 7 years. :)

I can tell the name of them but I can't because of the rules since they run roms already built inside the emulator with flash. Please do not pm me. It's against the rules or is it ok to do that through pm only ?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I have experience with many emulators because I have been around emulators for over 7 years. :)
7 years?? you light weight.. Emulating since 96 "represent"

I can tell the name of them but I can't because of the rules since they run roms already built inside the emulator with flash. Please do not pm me. It's against the rules or is it ok to do that through pm only ?
- doesn't matter if you say you have a cure for caner? doesn't make it so? whether or not you have a flash emulator its still over bloated and not worth the effort IMO. Yet still I don't think that was the question?

Last edited:

ssgoku129

7 years?? you light weight.. Emulating since 96 "represent"

- doesn't matter if you say you have a cure for caner? doesn't make it so? whether or not you have a flash emulator its still over bloated and not worth the effort IMO. Yet still I don't think that was the question?

that was a stupid thing to say, theory on curing cancer is a much more complex system dealing with human's lives.

Computers are a primitive creation based on human nature to do the tasks that our imagination creates...

Yes it is possible, 150% possible, but because many of us hackers are reluctant to get involved with legal predicaments when bootlegging, it's a whole different story,

I'm assuming you want to merge your flash game library with your SNES/NES etc. Unfortunately translating Flash formatted applications and NES ROM's is something only a legal contract with Nintendo could create, as far as I know, if it's in demand, one of us will eventually drop one until it gets viral hopefully or banned and blogged about 2 months later.

Just wait and do some research if you care

Status
Not open for further replies.