Help a noob out!

DukingMonster

This is my first time doing anything with emulators and i was wondering where to start. I am looking for an emulator of Legend of Legaia for PSX. IS it possible for me to find it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Genome

north west south west
yes what you are looking for is one of the playstation emulators featured on this site.
you will need the rom file to run it though.

its easiest to think of it this way....

the rom is the game and the emulator is the software that runs it much like the origional console ran the games. (in this case playstation)

now you CANNOT ask for the game here, because we wont be able to give it to you, since it is illegal to download copyrighted software (the game) the owners of the site don't want to be responsible for doing anything illegal. therefore search google for games, but dont ask for them here.

for playstation you will also need what is called a bios file.

it is a virtual copy of the bios chip on the playstation. you absolutely have to have it in order to run the game.

you also cannot ask for it here, as it is also copyright protected.

you can get the emulators here though because they are not copyrighted, they were created as open source so people could play the copyrighted games.

to sum it up....

playstation bios- copyrighted dont ask
playstation games- copyrighted dont ask
playstation emulators- open source you can find them on the left side of the screen when on the emulator-zone.com home page. they are rated on what people think works best.

Jale

You need a PlayStation emulator and it's obvious you can find it here (it's not called Emulator Zone for nothing).

If you need an emulator that doesn't require further configuration, try pSX. If you want quality (better graphics and sound), try ePSXe, but it requires configuration and it's a bit troublesome. I recommend you to read this guide. You must also know that these emulators require a BIOS file in order to work, but since it's copyrighted, we cannot tell you the exact location of this file (use Google and I'm sure you'll find it).

If you have the "Legend of Legaia" CD-ROM, you can use it. You can use the CD-ROM image too (downloadable in most cases). Games are copyrighted too, that means we can't tell you where to get them.

Welcome to the forums and happy new year.

Last edited:

DukingMonster

Help

I installed everything following the guide and im trying to play chrono cross off the disk using ePSXe but whenever i try to start a new game it freezes and the screen goes black. what should i do?

Last edited:

Jale

Re: Help

Thread merged. We suggest you to continue the thread you started if the problem is related to it.

Now, about Chrono Cross, try an older version of ePSXe, since 1.6.0 has some booting bugs. Newer doesn't always mean better