Apple IIe emulation with printing on PC?

goldenegg

I would absolutely love to use The Print Shop on the Apple IIe, but can't find a PC based emulator with proper printing support. Does one exist?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
hmm, thats going to be hard. You would need more then a basic driver emulation for that. PS did some heavy graphics in its day, and i dont think it will be emulated well. there was an old emulator for windows 3.11 called shotgun I think?? You would have better lucking going old apple to old pc methinks? Do you have an old dotmatrix printer that you can run 3.11 or 95 on?

otherwise you can check this out but I dont think you get much graphics out put..

AppleWin 1.14.0
Added: Simple parallel printer support in slot-1

Last edited:

goldenegg

AppleWin doesn't really have proper printing support.

I could go the PC route, but I don't have the original version of The Print Shop for PC.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
AppleWin doesn't really have proper printing support.

I could go the PC route, but I don't have the original version of The Print Shop for PC.
- No what I'm saying is its actually easier to emulate a mac with an older IBM or clone.(at least the printer aspect) Provided you have one. And you will need a no trills dot matrix. I'm not surprised AppleWin is not good enough, just wondering if you tried it. But now that you mention it, you may have better luck "finding" the old PS or printer master (it's clone) for dos.

Last edited: