emulators for xbox

sonic springboard
Hey guys i recently got an old xbox from a friend it can play backups so i was wondering can i use it to play emulators? and if so how would i go about it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes very much so.. There is a ot out there on the net on this, its going to involve some research. Did you get an xbox I ?

For example here is a site with lots of emulators for the xbox http://xport.xbox-scene.com/

here is a you-tube step thru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiayepK4WRI

here is one specific to the nes
http://code.google.com/p/xnasharpnes/

here is a cool walk thru for a media center xbox
http://www.productwiki.com/microsof...-xbox-to-xbox-media-center-in-30-minutes.html

Good luck, if you have any specific question let us know!!

Last edited:

sonic springboard
thanks for the info my friend it will take some time to get my head around some of this, xbox I? I have an xbox 1 which can run backup cds im still not sure as to what else it can do. This is my first xbox aswell.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
My friend once showed my his new xbox, as he showed me how it plays emulators, games, movies, mp3, online gaming, linux, home brew games, and does his taxes I look ed him puzzled.. He says "what"? I said exactly, what.. what is the point, its a frigged computer now? You just took a game console that for the most part is a computer hidden of one or more OS like utilities and unlocked them all... So why go thru all this trouble when your computer (2 inches to the right) does the same friggen thing??? He then replays why do you have a computer in you car acting as a mp3 player? As this point I stud corrected, and sad then I guess its because you can.. He reply Exactly.

Honest to me I don't get it? I spend my time making my computer more like game consoles and he spends his time make a game console act like a computer. LOL.

Last edited:

sonic springboard
Lol egsactly my thoughts on the subject too. I figured as the xbox is moded though, i can just throw some of the emulators on to it instead of powering up my pc every time but like you im more interested in making my pc a gamestation. I took a look into it, it seems to be more hastle than its worth truth be told.

Zach

People will always be obsessed with having one machine that does everything they need. As for people who put PC's in their car, that is a very rare thing to do these days and always has been.

A standard CD/MP3 player is nowhere near the kind of computer an Bxox is, much less a desktop PC; there is no real comparison. It just has a couple chips in the deck that let it read different data formats in addition to standard CD audio.

Needless to say his argument is severely flawed.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
A standard CD/MP3 player is nowhere near the kind of computer an Bxox is, much less a desktop PC; there is no real comparison. It just has a couple chips in the deck that let it read different data formats in addition to standard CD audio.

- Well I cant tell if your pro xbox-hacking or not, but his point was to show people just do what they like. Some of us rip out the guts of our cars to put a computer in them, and others mod the heck out of our xbox. The mods are apples to oranges , but the fact we altured something for our own specific needs or likes are the same. In other words to each their own.

sonic springboard
Ok so it can run a gba emulator straight from the disk so what i need to know now is will it do the same for snes nes and other emus or is there a lot more to it than that?

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
OFF TOPIC: 2097, your avatar looks like the Scorpion from the 3rd Mortal Kombat movie

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
OFF TOPIC: 2097, your avatar looks like the Scorpion from the 3rd Mortal Kombat movie
:confused:I think that's the point?

2097, i feel if I respond I will only sound redundant. So let me explain another way.

For the most part go to google.com and type in xbox snes emulator. this will get you a few snes emu's to download.

then do xbox snes "walk through" or snes tutorial.

then if you want to change the console just switch out the snes with "nes" or "sega" etc...

denimkaty

People will always be obsessed with having one machine that does everything they need. As for people who put PC's in their car, that is a very rare thing to do these days and always has been.

but his point was to show people just do what they like. Some of us rip out the guts of our cars to put a computer in them, and others mod the heck out of our xbox. The mods are apples to oranges , but the fact we altured something for our own specific needs or likes are the same. In other words to each their own.

denimkaty

but his point was to show people xender discord omegle just do what they like. Some of us rip out the guts of our cars to put a computer in them, and others mod the heck out of our xbox. The mods are apples to oranges , but the fact we altured something for our own specific needs or likes are the same. In other words to each their own.

Margaretady

thanks a lot ..

Steve_12

I have heard great reviews about RetroArch. It is remarkable because it allows to launch games for many classic consoles.

omejohn

but his point was to show people just do what they like. Some of us rip out the guts of our cars to put a computer in them, and others mod the heck out of our xbox. The mods are apples to oranges , but the fact we altured something omegle bazoocam chathub for our own specific needs or likes are the same. In other words to each their own.

A standard CD/MP3 player is not even close to the sort of PC a Bxox is, substantially less a work area PC; there is no genuine correlation. It simply has several chips in the deck that let it read diverse information designs notwithstanding standard CD sound.

Steve_12

A standard CD/MP3 player is not even close to the sort of PC a Bxox is, substantially less a work area PC; there is no genuine correlation. It simply has several chips in the deck that let it read diverse information designs notwithstanding standard CD sound.

What do you recommend to use instead?

termitedreadful

Thanks for the data, buddy; it'll be a while before I really get it all. XBox, am I right? My xbox one plays backup cds, but I have no idea what else it can do. Like you, this is my first Xbox.