Connecting two pokemon games using TGB Dual?

Raigon

I have used the search function, but all I can find is people with the same problem and not many answers.

I've downloaded TGB Dual and I'm trying to trade between two Pokemon Yellow versions (so I can get Golem) on my comp, but when I load the second window I can't control it and it just stops at the menu screen.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Oblivious1

Oblivious1
Alright, open your first gameboy and load pokemon yellow, then load the 2nd one with pokemon yellow, load your saved games and go to the pokecenter. While your standing next to the person click Netplay and talk to her and you should be able to trade. Also, in order to be able to control the second window you have to have it set so that the keys on gameboy 1 are different from the ones on 2. For example, I have my Up, down, left and right keys set to up down left and right on my first. On my second I have them as w s a d. So just make sure of the controls and it should work :D

Raigon

Yes, I can control it now (thanks), but on the file section on the toolbar where you load save states, it only has load state and save state for Gameboy 1. This means I can only load the game on the second window not the save state I want. You can't load a save state for player 2?

Is there anyway to do this, or does this just mean I have to (in the case of Pokemon Yellow) go and beat Brock to get it to activate?

Raigon

Well, I got it to work, and I did the trade, but there really should be a way of loading the 2 player save.

Why does the only emulator that can do this not allow you to do something that's vital to the function?

Oblivious1

Oblivious1
Yeah, you cant load or save, save states on the second emulator but you can still save on the game by pressing your start button key and pressing save. When you restart the game just press continue and it works fine. No need for save states on the 1st one either.