Cruisin USA and Mame

ARabbit

I am using Mame32 v 0.120u3. I am trying to play Cruisn USA and Cruisin The world, but the game runs way too fast. I was told it work on v.9 but i cant seem to find a place to download that. If anyone knows what i need to to do could you please tell me where to look for that version or if there is something i can do to my existing version. Thx in advance

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I am using Mame32 v 0.120u3. I am trying to play Cruisn USA and Cruisin The world, but the game runs way too fast. I was told it work on v.9 but i cant seem to find a place to download that. If anyone knows what i need to to do could you please tell me where to look for that version or if there is something i can do to my existing version. Thx in advance

When you open Mame32, go to the toolbar at the top and click on 'options' then 'default game options', then the 'display' tab. Make sure the 'Throttle' check box is ticked. This should throttle the game to run at its native speed regardless of your hardware. You can also turn this option on and off by hitting F10 when the game is running.

its also worthwhile checking the game isn't skipping too many frames. Either turn frameskip off in the Mame32 options or you can adjust it manually in game by hitting F9.

If you need older versions of mame32 they can be downloaded from www.joymonkey.com

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

ARabbit

Thank you i tried all those things. I checked the toggle button. The game is not skipping frames, and i tried it on several of the v 9 mames but it is sill too fast. I dont know what the rpoblem could be. Obv some people got it to work, but how?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Thank you i tried all those things. I checked the toggle button. The game is not skipping frames, and i tried it on several of the v 9 mames but it is sill too fast. I dont know what the rpoblem could be. Obv some people got it to work, but how?

If the game is throttled it shouldn't run too fast regardless of the hardware its running on as Mame restricts the framerate to 100%.
Frameskip usually only comes into play when the game runs too slowly and mame skips frames to improve the game speed.