Rom Translations

Hrothgar

Lately I've been collecting Japanese only roms. I can usually find a rom translated about 90% of the time. However the Fire Emblem series has been giving me some trouble. I found a lot of them with time, but two still elude me:

Fire Emblem
(The original for NES)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (The last one to come out on SNES, and to my knowledge the last game to come out on SNES period)

I can find both roms, but they are obviously in Japanese and untranslated. I managed to find an .ips file for Fire Emblem, but it won't load with the game and I can't find a good program to fuse the files. Anyways, I know I'm not supposed to ask where to find 'this game and that', but I was wondering if anyone could either help me with using .ips files or give me a general direction of a good place to find translated roms.

ubr

NPC GM Pilot
I'm using ipswin 2.0 to patch the roms. Sometimes using snestool to erase header roms if the patch need it. Don't get patched roms imo, it usually using older ips, unless the translation project already dead ( you can check it at www.romhacking.net ).

spotanjo3

Dont use ipswin 2.0 It is not a good program. The best program and easy is: Lunar IPS

Don't say you never have a problem. If you patch too many roms and some of them will have a corrupt your roms. :)

Accord to romhacking:
Most patching programs run in DOS. If you're reading this for help, chances are you may not be proficient in DOS. Thankfully, there are also very good Windows equivalent programs. Lunar IPS is my personal recommendation for newbies. Unlike IPSWin , this one has not been reported to ever corrupt your ROM!

spotanjo3

Funny is that you told me about it before and I used it and it's easy as well but I think Lunar IPS is better however I dont like this name and Ninja sound better and Ninja as martial artist is my big fan as well, lol.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Funny is that you told me about it before and I used it and it's easy as well but I think Lunar IPS is better however I dont like this name and Ninja sound better and Ninja as martial artist is my big fan as well, lol.

IMHO it would be great if the NINJA format would take over from .ips. NINJA patches can also contain info and allow you to revert your changes.

spotanjo3

IMHO it would be great if the NINJA format would take over from .ips. NINJA patches can also contain info and allow you to revert your changes.

Indeed, I know. I think I am going to use both so I dont want Ninja and Lunar IPS war over me. :p

Hrothgar

Don't say you never have a problem. If you patch too many roms and some of them will have a corrupt your roms.

Well, let me rephrase that. I usually don't have Significant problems with patched games. But thanks for the program recommendation.