How to get 60fps in Ocarina of Time?

enooox

Hello!

I have Project 64 version 1.6.

When I'm playing games like Majoras Mask I get 60fps, but when I play Zelda Ocarina of time (version 1.1) I just get 50 fps.. Is it something wrong with the ROM? Or is it even possible to play ocarina of time with 60 fps?

If not, is it possible to change the fps-limiter to more than 50 fps? :happy:

And it can't be something wrong with the computer because I have, 2 gig RAM, 3.0 ghz processor and Radeon X800.

Thanks in advance!

Jale

There's nothing wrong with your hardware. It's because your Ocarina of Time ROM is PAL (european) version. PAL games are rendered up to 50 FPS. The only way to get 60 FPS in Ocarina of Time is getting the NTSC (american) version.

In games like Ocarina of Time, these NTSC-PAL differences are minimal, since the internal frame rate of these games are like 15-20 FPS.

Last edited:

enooox

There's nothing wrong with your hardware. It's because your Ocarina of Time ROM is PAL (european) version. PAL games are rendered up to 50 FPS. The only way to get 60 FPS in Ocarina of Time is getting the NTSC (american) version.

In games like Ocarina of Time, these NTSC-PAL differences are minimal, since the internal frame rate of these games are like 15-20 FPS.

Thanks for answering.

Where can I get a NTSC ROM of Ocarina of Time?

Jale

We cannot tell you, since it's against the rules. Remember that ROMs are copyrighted material and if we get caught, the site would be closed.

Just a hint when you are looking for ROMs. Check file names at the end. You'll see a letter in parenthesis () and a "!" sign. For example:

ocarina of time (e) !: Means the ROM is european (PAL) and the "!" simbol means its a good ROM.
ocarina of time (u) !: Means the ROM is american (NTSC).

enooox

We cannot tell you, since it's against the rules. Remember that ROMs are copyrighted material and if we get caught, the site would be closed.

Just a hint when you are looking for ROMs. Check file names at the end. You'll see a letter in parenthesis () and a "!" sign. For example:

ocarina of time (e) !: Means the ROM is european (PAL) and the "!" simbol means its a good ROM.
ocarina of time (u) !: Means the ROM is american (NTSC).

Oh okey, didn't know it was against the rules.

Thanks for the help anyway! Didn't know that it was "(u)" after american versions :happy:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
in case your wondering..

Standard codes

* [a] Alternate version of a rom, to fix bugs or to eliminate compatibility with Game Genie or Action Replay codes
* Bad dump: These usually happen with a bad electrical connection or an incompatibility between the game and the copier. More rarely, an FTP upload may have been corrupted.
* [f] Cracked, that is, fixed to run better on a copier or emulator
* [h] Hack, such as a release group's intro, cheating, compatibility with multiple regions, graphic changes, or even a total conversion of the game engine
* [o] Overdump that contains repeated data that should be discarded
* [p] Pirate
* [t] Trained: A trainer is a combination of an intro and one or more cheats; the intro allows the player to turn cheats on or off.
* [!] Verified good dump
* [T-] Old translation
* [T+] New translation
* (Unl) Unlicensed commercial release
* (-) Unknown year
* (M#) Multiple languages (for example, M3 for three languages)
* (###) Checksum value, usually CRC32
* (??k) rom size
* ZZZ_ Unclassified

[edit]
Platform-specific codes

* Colecovision
o (Adam) ADAM version
* Game Boy
o [C] Game Boy Color enhanced or exclusive
o Super Game Boy enhanced
o [BF] Bung fix: rom has been modified to run on Bung's 1.0 flash carts
* Game Boy Advance
o [hI??] Intro hacks
* Mega Drive/Sega Genesis
o [c] Cart's checksum is known to be faulty
o [x] Bad Checksum
o [R-] Countries
* Neo-Geo Pocket Color
o [M] Mono only
* Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom
o (PRG #) Same as [a] but more likely to use the publisher's official version numbering
o (PC10) PlayChoice 10 was an arcade unit which played exact copies of NES games in an arcade cabinet. The machines had a choice of 10 games to choose from and ran for about 3 minutes on 25 cents.
o (VS) VS Unisystem, an NES-based arcade game platform. To prevent piracy, each game used a different permutation of the NES palette, unscrambled by the video chip at run time.
o [hFFE] Patched for use with Front Far East copiers
o [hM##] Mapper hack: These games have been patched to run on NES boards of type #, following the iNES numbering standard.
* Super NES
o (BS) Broadcast Satellaview was a satellite receiver for the Super Famicom in Japan. Roms were transmitted along with a TV show which was connected to the game in some way. These games were only playable during the show, and thus stop after an hour, and many were timed so that only certain time periods were playable.
o (ST) The Sufami Turbo device allowed two Game Boy sized carts to be plugged into the SNES. Certain carts combined into new games much like the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on technology by Sega.
o (NP) Nintendo Power magazine has been known to release games only available to its subscribers. Most of these roms are Japanese, as this practice occured mainly in Japan.
o (NSS) Nintendo Super System. These were arcade versions of games.

[edit]
Country codes

* (A) Australia
* (C) China
* (E) Europe
* (F) France
* (FC) French Canadian
* (FN) Finland
* (G) Germany
* (GR) Greece
* (HK) Hong Kong
* (I) Italy