Wii

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Does anybody here have a Wii?Is it good? Im thinking of buying one with Mario:Galaxy.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I have one and its depends what you look for in your games and what kind of games you enjoy.

As a multi-player platform its excellent fun. The motion controls work really well and quickly become intuitive. The fact you can enjoy the entire back catalogue of GC games is also a plus.

The downside is that software has been slow to come through. Many of the games are a bit 'gimmicky' or designed for party play. Cross platform conversions (games that also appear on the 360/PS3) are glaringly inferior as the Wii cannot really compete with the 360 or PS3 in terms of aesthetics.

Zelda and Mario are both excellent but I would only recommend a Wii at the moment if you have friends over a lot, or already have a decent catalogue of GameCube titles. As a single player console at the moment at least it doesn't really fare very well compared to the 360 and PS3 , but then it is aimed at a slightly different market and promotes a different game ethic being more about 'fun' than thrills, and excitement.

Overall then its pretty much like every other Nintendo console you've ever owned, what it does it does really well, but it really is for party games, mini games and the usual Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda and Co). If thats your bag then you'll love it.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I dont have friends that play Video games, but I was going to buy MArio:Galaxy, SUPER SMASH BROS. ,Metroid stuff like that. I just hpe that the online gameplay picks up.

spotanjo3

I have one and its depends what you look for in your games and what kind of games you enjoy.

As a multi-player platform its excellent fun. The motion controls work really well and quickly become intuitive. The fact you can enjoy the entire back catalogue of GC games is also a plus.

The downside is that software has been slow to come through. Many of the games are a bit 'gimmicky' or designed for party play. Cross platform conversions (games that also appear on the 360/PS3) are glaringly inferior as the Wii cannot really compete with the 360 or PS3 in terms of aesthetics.

Zelda and Mario are both excellent but I would only recommend a Wii at the moment if you have friends over a lot, or already have a decent catalogue of GameCube titles. As a single player console at the moment at least it doesn't really fare very well compared to the 360 and PS3 , but then it is aimed at a slightly different market and promotes a different game ethic being more about 'fun' than thrills, and excitement.

Overall then its pretty much like every other Nintendo console you've ever owned, what it does it does really well, but it really is for party games, mini games and the usual Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda and Co). If thats your bag then you'll love it.

Sound good but it's your opinion and it's not the fact. Everyone have different tastes and I think Wii and PS3 are better consoles than XBOX. I hate XBOX so much I wish Microsoft didn't existed. :) :)

Ultimas Gamer 5

I have one. I dont have many games for it, i reccomend if you dont care about the most cutting edge games, but you want something fun.

Oblivious1

Oblivious1
Ha, I've played Wii numerous times and its a fun system. But just be careful....those things can cause alot of damage if you dont use the strap...safety first..I would know...I broke a window:p ...Worth the money though

spotanjo3

Ha, I've played Wii numerous times and its a fun system. But just be careful....those things can cause alot of damage if you dont use the strap...safety first..I would know...I broke a window:p ...Worth the money though

Really ? You broke a window with the strap ? That's odd because I played for the first time and I was careful with the strap and aware of its safety on my own and my own thinking and never have a problem. :)

Hrothgar

I have a Wii as well. I think FatTrucker sums it up well when he says different systems apply to different audiences. If your a Nintendo freak then I'd definately suggest the buy. The only problem is that it doesn't have a huge library of games to pick from quite yet. However there are all the old gamecube games, and tones of downloadable content (It's kinda nice having your N64 games work perfectly when your not emulating it on computer).

I just think it's gonna take some time to get as many good games as the 360 has right now. (I'm personally not a huge first person shooter person, so the wii is my thing). However Brawl looks like it's going to really be THE game for Wii. The series is great, the addition of 3rd party characters Snake and Sonic, and the online play are going to make this an awesome game.

In short words it may just take a lil time to get a lot of Great games, but the future looks bright,\.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I already have a lot of games for it and I love them. I have these games for friends/beer/party play:
- Super Mario Party 8
- Carnival Games
- Wii Play
- Wii Sports
All of them suck at individual play, but are great for multiplayer (except for Wii Play, which is just average).
For single player I have:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Godfather
- Zelda
- WSOP
For both single/multi I have:
- Super Monkey Ball
- Pinball (forgot the exact name)
You can have a lot of fun with the system, as long as you choose the right games and have some friends for some of them.
It's the system that got me back into playing, since I was I bit bored of all the new stuff and like some games that I can play for short amounts of time.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sound good but it's your opinion and it's not the fact. Everyone have different tastes and I think Wii and PS3 are better consoles than XBOX. I hate XBOX so much I wish Microsoft didn't existed. :) :)

In all honesty Rockman its actually Nintendo's policy with the Wii. They've been quite upfront about their vision and direction for the Wii.

Its a shame you can't appreciate the 360 as Microsofts console has a lot to offer. Seems a fairly arbitrary choice to specifically limit yourself to a Wii or PS3 purely due to a branding issue.
Owning all 3 has surely got to be the way to go, if its within your means to do so, otherwise you are missing out on a lot of great games and some fantastic online experiences quite uneccessarily.

How can you hate a brand?. Is there a specific reason or is it simple brand loyalty to Sony and Nintendo?. Afterall, if the 360 didn't exist I guarantee you would be paying more for your Wii and PS3. Its only the additional competition that serves to keep prices low and quality high, which is a win-win situation for all gamers.

Its important to remember all these corporations Ninty, Sony and MS are only interested in our money.

spotanjo3

In all honesty Rockman its actually Nintendo's policy with the Wii. They've been quite upfront about their vision and direction for the Wii.

Its a shame you can't appreciate the 360 as Microsofts console has a lot to offer. Seems a fairly arbitrary choice to specifically limit yourself to a Wii or PS3 purely due to a branding issue.
Owning all 3 has surely got to be the way to go, if its within your means to do so, otherwise you are missing out on a lot of great games and some fantastic online experiences quite uneccessarily.

How can you hate a brand?. Is there a specific reason or is it simple brand loyalty to Sony and Nintendo?. Afterall, if the 360 didn't exist I guarantee you would be paying more for your Wii and PS3. Its only the additional competition that serves to keep prices low and quality high, which is a win-win situation for all gamers.

Its important to remember all these corporations Ninty, Sony and MS are only interested in our money.

No, I am hardcore gamer. I played almost everything I tried and you don't know me and I find that XBOX and XBOX 360 games are not of the interesting to me at all expect Ninja Gaiden because I liked nes version as well.

You do not guarantee me would be paying more for Wii but maybe PS3 which I do not care. Nintendo of America knows how to sell system cheaper and pleased us a lot. That's why I am long time fan of Nintendo anyway. There is nothing to do with brand or anything. I just do not like the games 360 and XBOX offers since they can easy port to PC and microsoft are looking for more money out of our pocket since those games can easy port to PC and that is why I do not like about them. Hey, that's my opinion.:) I also do not like microsoft. The microsoft is annoying sell Vista for 200-300 dollars ? That's too expensive and they are sick! That's why I never liked them in the first place for sell too expensive like Vista. I am stick with Windows XP for now. Jeez.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I love the 360, but I definably want to play Mario:Galaxy and Super Smash Bros.

Me personally, I hate the PS3 Ive played it a few times, and I think its garbage.
If you think about it most of the PS3 exclusives are now coming out for the 360 aswell.[What does that say?] As for the Wii. You get the biggest bang or your buck. $250, It has about every genre on it already, of course the library is not that big but it has not been out very long.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
For the money the Wii is definitely a good buy, especially if you have a library of GameCube games already. Zelda and Mario don't disappoint so for anyone who enjoys Nintendo's stuff its a great purchase (certainly their most viable console since the snes imo, which is high praise as I rate the snes as one of the best consoles I have ever owned, and I've been gaming since the 1970's).

While I don't want to pull your thread off topic, although I wouldn't rate the PS3 as 'garbage' - its a perfectly good, competent, console now that its available at a new lower price - I would be inclined to agree based purely on the games available for it at the moment that unless you really want a Blu-Ray player it really doesn't stack up well against the 360's line-up or online service. On multi-platform releases the games released on both the PS3 and 360 are virtually identical making the PS3 with its smaller more limited software catalogue, currently the weaker of the two machines.
Hopefully when we start to see more exclusive titles come through this will change, but for now at least the PS3 is very much the 'Third Choice' console.

Virtually everyone I know who owns a PS3 as their only console has expressed disappointment with it so far, largely due to the lack of decent games and the raft of quality exclusives available on the 360.

Hopefully Sony will raise their game and get some decent stuff on the market in the new year.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I love that the PS2 is outselling the PS3. :fuckyou:Sony

Ever since my PSP would not work after I threw it at the wall I said "F*CK YOU SONY". lol just kiddin

Cant wait to play Super Smash Bros online

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
The only game i actually got the wii for was Wii Sports, that has gotta be the best Wii game ever xD

Soooo fun lol

kandarian

Lumine Infinite
Now my review:

I do NOT own a Wii, PS3, or XBOX. But i've played them all.

Xbox: Would really be good, if it had some really good games, that was exclusive to it. Like Halo, and many more. Now they came to the PC, and everything that comes there is screwed, since it will be cracked and uploaded within a month. It is basically a computer, and it costs too much for the ordinary gamer. If you're hardcore, you might buy it :)

PS3: Same as Xbox, though has a little more brand names. Sad enough, they haven't released them yet. That is why the PS2 is outselling the PS3. When enough good brands will come out, it will probably sell better. It is also WAY too exspensive... I mean, like 1000$* for the console only? Plus games on that, and you are screwed. If the price would drop, then it would sell alot better.

Wii: The reason it became a hit, is because it came with some brand games, and has a whole new system of playing. Now you actually had to move to play. The price was also okay, even at the first release. It also supports all earlier system, and with the emulator you can use the wiimote in a better way.

Total: The PS3 will be more famous in a year or two, same as the ps2, and the Xbox will be better when they get better brand games. The wii will probably keep it up to not get competition, and will stay at most sold gen at the moment :)

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Total: The PS3 will be more famous in a year or two, same as the ps2, and the Xbox will be better when they get better brand games. The wii will probably keep it up to not get competition, and will stay at most sold gen at the moment :)

I disagree with you there. I think that the PS3 is the new Dreamcast, by the time good games come out [they will probably come out on 360 aswell] people will already have a 360 and a Wii. The online play is much better on 360, 360 has:
Halo 3

Halo Wars

Gears of War 1 [ and 2 when it comes out]

GTA IV

Devil May Cry

""" POSSIBLY """ Metal Gear Solid

Unreal Tournament 3

Just to name a few

As for the Wii
SUPER SMASH BROS

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Don't forget the sublime Bioshock and Oblivion.

To be honest, The 360 probably carries far more recognisable franchised exclusives than Sony's hardware now, and virtually all new titles being released are going multi-platform, primarily because the PS3 hasn't shifted enough units for system exclusive titles to justify a decent return on development costs, so previously exclusive franchises are now going to 360 as well.

Although the 360 shares some architecture with the PC, its games are developed and released specifically for the console making the PC argument a pointless and completely redundant one. 360 games will not run on a PC and are designed for console play using a joypad. With its focus on multi-media functionality the PS3 is actually a closer match to the PC in its aspirations. Its also been shown that regardless of technical specs, the two machines have virtually identical capabilities in terms of game development.

The PS3 now has a new budget priced model with a 40Gb hard drive, so the cost is no longer an issue, it really is the case that vast numbers of gamers are switching their preference to the 360 because so far it has shown itself to be a superior games platform, and has a far richer software catalogue and a much better online service.

The Wii is so cheap because it is largely based on older (and therefore cheaper) hardware. Nintendo make a larger amount of their profit on the sale of peripherals like extra remotes and nunchuks. When added to the cost of the console itself, considering at least one extra remote and nunchuk are pretty much a pre requisite for a console designed with multi-player gaming in mind and bundled with a multi-player title as standard, the cost of owning a Wii, 360 or PS3 is pretty much the same now so its a straight competition based on software and so far at least the Wii and 360 are light years in front of Sony's console in that regard.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Today I get my Wii. It should be delivered 2:00pm pacific time.

But all the stores are sold out of Mario:Galaxy so I bought Resident Evil 4:Wii Edition.

For those that have one, Is the internet browser free?