Sega CD image with seperate audio files

Hrothgar

Yeah, when I download Sega CD roms they come with the iso and audio files are seperate. Usually the sound effects are in the game but the background music is seperate. How am I supposed to burn or emulate this?

montpics

Hrothgar

Thank you, that program will help me a lot. I prefer to keep games from Sega CD, PS, and Sega Saturn on disc (Just to save a lil room on the computer). Sometimes I download a Sega CD game with the .cue file with it, but it seems more common to find it with the ISO and mp3 files. Why is it like that, just for curiousity's sake?

Zach

ISO/MP3 combos mainly came into being because of file size. Back in the day, lots of people still had 56k or slower connections, and some people stupidly decided to rip the disc data, then make MP3s out of the audio tracks.

The problem with this is, MP3 at a decent file size gives you quality loss, some worse than others. Also the times on the tracks are also screwed up, and can completely break a game and keep it from playing in some cases, especially if the rip is done by an inexperienced person who doesn't know how to compensate for the timing issues, and likewise DOESN'T pass along any of this info to the people downloading the rip.

I opt for pure authentic rips, that contain just the CD image with the tracks already there, in redbook audio (standard CD audio) format.

That way you have as original as possible, a copy of the game.

Last edited:

HammerHeart

I've been having this problem as well.

I downloaded the Sonic CD ROM, but it had no background music. So I downloaded all of the original music MP3s. How can I apply them to the game now that I have them? I heard you have to put them in the same folder as your ROM and rename them accordingly...

Can anyone help me out please?

Hrothgar

I tried using SegaCueMaker, but it doesn't work. I think it's because I use Vista. (I prefer XP, but I didn't have the money to pay for it instead). Whenever I open it, I get a message saying

"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I think it's a system file that Vista has changed. I could be wrong though,