Help with Xenogears.

Xenteko

Overlooked Observer
Hey, If someone could tell me the best settings for running Xenogears NTSC on ePSXe I would be very grateful.

So far I have managed to get the game running but there seems to be no sound on the opening cut-scene.

I am using;

AMD Althon64 3400+
2x512mb DDR 400 corsair
ATI Sapphire X1650pro.

Could anyone please give me exact info regarding the best options and plugins to use to get the game running ?

Riorozen

Star Force God
Hey! Same problem I have! Good luck, man. No one seems to have an answer or give a whack. I've tried all kinds of sound card adjustments, updates, and emulator configs, but I have no idea. Maybe it comes down to the processor? Nah.

Xenteko

Overlooked Observer
I was wondering if maybe I ran the game from a disc instead of the ISO. Since there are so many anime FMV's in this game I'd really like to get it working.

I'm currently using 'P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17' as the video plug-in since all the others seem to mess up the in game cut-scenes.

[edit] I fixed it!

You need to tick the box in sound config which says "Enable XA sound (Select to enable XA sound in MDEC)".

I am using eternal SPU Plugin 1.50 on default settings.

Last edited:

Riorozen

Star Force God
Are you serious? That's it? Son of a... thanks. I'll try it out.

Advendra

please help me.. I still can't get the opening sound in Xenogears..

I ticked the enable XA sound option, but nothing happened, still no sound in the opening...

montpics

What plugins did you use? (especially SPU plugin)

For mine, I use Eternal SPU plugin. :)

Advendra

xebra does have problem, I don't know how about you.. the game seems playing a little bit slow, I don't know how to fix it.... d u know rockman?

btw, @montpics...
I use eternal SPU plugin too, and I the opening sound won't out... how about u? have u tested/played xenogears with it? what image/cd format u use? u know the opening right? when the word xenogears appear..

Last edited:

montpics

Played and finished it with either CDs or dumped as an ISO image from them without any problems of it. Opening when the Xenogears appear? Sorry, as I can't recalled much of it.

How about ingame? Do you find any music when you start to control Fei?

Unless yours is a ripped one. Try to check the CD's capacity whether it is more than 600MB .

spotanjo3

xebra does have problem, I don't know how about you.. the game seems playing a little bit slow, I don't know how to fix it.... d u know rockman?

btw, @montpics...
I use eternal SPU plugin too, and I the opening sound won't out... how about u? have u tested/played xenogears with it? what image/cd format u use? u know the opening right? when the word xenogears appear..

What is your computer specs ? I have been used xebra for over few years. :)

Advendra

my specs:

core2duo 2.4GH
1GB of RAM
Nvid Geforce 7300GS 512MB

Every game I played on Xebra is slowing down,,

btw, the only sound that is missing is the opening of xenogears, the overall sound is there, it just there're like some sounds that won't played.

another example, the movement step sound in Suikoden 2, or the scroll pointer in main menu of Brigandine, and another one is the skill voice (the character voice when using skills, saying the skill names) in Tales of Destiny 2 playstation (tales of eternia).

montpics

I think that's normal if you found other music can be played.

For Tales of Destiny 2/Tales of Eternia, you can try it out with Eternal SPU 1.50beta2 plugin. Try to look it through Google. I had a similar problems with that before.

montpics

@Tales of Destiny 2/Tales of Eternia issue
Don't have any other options left to solve but wait for other members to give an answers.

However,
My possible attempts if I were you :
1. Use other emulators like pSX or Xebra (in which both doesn't depend mostly on plugins) So I may try pSX if Xebra doesn't give any satisfaction.

Advendra

I will get psX, but first I want to ask if it also needs some special step by steps to play like xebra? I'm getting it now... :)

umm, u mean "psX emulator", right?

Last edited:

OmNiSLAsH726

Hello. I am new to this forum thingy. I had some questions about xenogears and if anyone can answer them with precision then that be great. 1) Xenogears seems to have problems when fei has a scene when hes a child right before Nortune D block. I have heard use the F7 trick before and after the scene or play it on ePSxe 1.5 version instead of the 1.6 would be fine. Will one of these methods really work? I have just gotten to that part using 1.6 version and there is no memory file of that anymore so I have to start all over again. And just to make sure I would like to know for sure if one of those methods work. 2) How do u back up your saved states cuz my file suddenly dissapeared. and number 3) The sound in xenogears seems to be lagging a bit with the scenes for example in the beginning, the dialogue and picture is fine but the music is lagging a bit and speeds up a bit at some points. Im guessing this is normal or no? if fixable please post ideas.
My computer settings:
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T1350 @ 1.86GHz
504MB of Ram

My epSXe settings:
Video: Petes DX6 D3D Driver 1.76
Sound: Eternal SPU plugin 1.41
CD rom: Mooby2 Cd Disk image driver 2.8
And if anybody knows whats the best settings for my comp other than these settings i have then let me know.